cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

spitwspots
Adept I

Wondering if 2 RX 580 in crossfire would out perform a Fury X in 1440p applications.

I'm looking to upgrade my Fury X and in the current market trying to find a cost effective way.  The RX 580 seems like the best I can find in stock and not grossly overpriced.

I was thinking I could buy 2 put them in crossfire and then sell the Fury X since it seems to be highly sought after. 

Looking for feedback before I potentially waste my hard earned $$.  LOL

0 Likes
3 Replies

Assuming the applications are able to use Crossfire, and you're willing to put up with the drawbacks of a multiple GPU system, then yes.

moonstar
Adept II

I game in 4K on my RX470 without issues.  Depending on what you are doing and what FPS and performance you desire, one RX 580 should suffice...especially if you are using HDMI 2.0 as the Fury X suffers drawbacks in anything over 1440 due to only having HDMI 1.4b.

I think a single Fury X can still outperform a single RX 580 by about 15% in some titles. If you don't already have one of the two I would probably get the 8gb RX 580 though. As the memory may be the bigger deal as games move forward over the next 2 years.

I am on an RX 580 and game in QHD with no issue. I don't have tons of new AAA titles but do have several and one RX 580 has been sufficient for my gaming needs. The trick is finding one!