cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

basblob
Adept I

WITCHER 3 CRASHES DRIVER OR CTDS ANYWHERE FROM A MINUTE TO AN HOUR OF GAME PLAY

UPDATE: I had a little more success with removing AA but unfortunately I ended up refunding the card and now run a 2070 Super without issue.

Setup:
Rx 5700 xt Gigabyte gaming OC
Ryzen 5 3600
g.skill tridentz 3200MHz 2x8gb ram
b450 tomahawk (motherboard)
cx750 corsair PSU
Running driver version 20.1.3
Running Windows 10 64bit

I do NOT have this issue in any other game that I've seen. Although, since I built the rig I've only played BL3, witcher 1 & 2, and Doom 2016. I haven't tried witcher 3 with my old 970 yet.

I've been trying to play the witcher 3 on my new rig but have been unable to get the game to play longer than an hour, and usually any longer than 5 minutes. Sometimes it crashes almost immediately upon the game loading in.

I've attempted underclocking, reinstalling drivers (DDU in safe mode and reinstalling), w/ and w/o mods, reinstalling game, verifying game cache, etc.
Some things I've noticed are the gpu used to run at 99-98% usage the moment I was in the game, but after I disabled the gpu in device manager -> restart -> re-enable gpu => restart, it now runs at 60 - 80 %. For Awhile this seemed to have fixed the issue, but now its back, and the gpu usage is starting to hover closer to 80 - 85%. Still not 99 though.

I'm attaching one of the many crash logs.

24 Replies