Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BenchFox
Journeyman III

Windows XP driver issues

So here's the deal.

I recently got my hands on a Toshiba Satellite C55D-C with AMD Radeon R3 graphics. It had Windows 10 preinstalled but I found out that it had Windows XP drivers, so yesterday I managed to install WinXP Professional SP3 (32bit) on there.

At the moment I'm nearly done installing all the necessary drivers. I only have my Bluetooth adapter, network adapter and graphics driver left. I already can't find the first two (Bluetooth V4.0 Module (RTL8821AE) and AMD PSP 1.0 Device), and as for my graphics driver, whenever I try to install it, my computer gets stuck on a blank command prompt. I end up having to hard reboot, enter safe mode and uninstall whatever was installed. The lack of it also leads to a BSoD on shutdown and ends up restarting the laptop instead of shutting it down (I am not entirely sure it's due to the lack of graphics drivers though).

Where can I find the first two and how can I get the graphics driver to install properly?

UPDATE: I somehow managed to install my Bluetooth adapter rather easily. 1 down, 2 to go!

0 Likes
15 Replies