Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jeffr00
Journeyman III

Windows 10, Rx570 - All Edges of Window are off screen

Hi,

The edges of the windows screen are off the palette on all sides of the screen.  New PC, new graphics card Rx570. 

Running at 1920 x 1080 resolution.  Háve tried lower resolutions but the same problem arises.  Am using a Samsung 23" monitor with HDMI interface. 

Have installed the current pro drivers win10-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-20.q4-nov10  but that hasn't overcome the problem.    Same monitor resolved the screen properly on an older PC, different video card with Windows 10.

How do we overcome the problem  with the Radeon RX570 please?

0 Likes
1 Solution
ScotchFury
Challenger

Probably just need to just the screen scaling.. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-022 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
ScotchFury
Challenger

Probably just need to just the screen scaling.. 

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-022 

0 Likes

Why are you using a Professional GPU Driver for a Consumer GPU card?

According to the Pro GPU driver it doesn't even list the RX 5xx series GPU cards as being compatible:

Screenshot 2020-12-28 122334.png

I would first uninstall the current Pro driver and install the correct RX570 GPU driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570

As you notice there are no Pro drivers listed for the RX570 GPU Card to download.

Installing the correct Consumer AMD Driver will probably fix your issues.

0 Likes

Thanks so much.  Scaling was the issue.  

To answer the question about the graphics driver, as I don't play games I installed the studio drivers as I sometimes edit photos and thought the current driver was tunes for playing games.   The driver popped up as an option on the main software support/download page as being generic.  I woud have thought if it wasnt compatible it wouldn't install or run. The Rx570 card is just a temporary in the current PC as I had it sitting around as a spare.  However thanks for the link to the Rx570 driver.  I will install it to ascertain if text is clearer as it currently isn''t.

Well the Pro driver does seem to be compatible with the Consumer GPU card since it installed even though it isn't mentioned in both the Pro driver and Consumer Driver download pages as being compatible.

I imagine both the Pro and Consumer drivers must have a lot in common.

Normally if a Consumer GPU card uses the Pro driver, it will have both the Consumer and Pro drivers listed on the AMD Download page.

But the Consumer Driver is optimized for the RX570.

But if the RX570 is working normally with the Pro driver and you are just using the RX570 temporarily and are planning on using a Pro GPU card then I would just leave as it is.

You can always download GPU-Z and see if 3-5 boxes at the bottom of the image are check marked. OpenGL & OpenCL and Vulkan should be check marked. That will show that the Pro driver is enabling the RX570 APIs.

0 Likes