cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

shawnsbrain66
Adept II

Win10 Fall Creator's Update and FirePro w2100 makes Corel Draw drop to its knees

We are running Corel Draw on a computer with a FirePro w2100 graphics card.

Everything was fine until after the Win10 Fall Creator's update.

Now, Corel just crawls. Drawing, copy/paste, printing take FOREVER.

This seems like a driver compatibility problem.

I've tried the latest driver.

What are my options?

0 Likes
1 Solution
shawnsbrain66
Adept II

here is the fix:

1) launch Windows in Safe Mode

2) clean, the previous driver out using the DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller)

3) install the AMD driver from this link:  https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/previous/detail?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064&rev=17.Q...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
shawnsbrain66
Adept II

here is the fix:

1) launch Windows in Safe Mode

2) clean, the previous driver out using the DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller)

3) install the AMD driver from this link:  https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/workstation/previous/detail?os=Windows%2010%20-%2064&rev=17.Q...

0 Likes
flytech
Journeyman III

This is AMD driver issue not corel. The SOLUTION is Win+Break -> device manager -> disable video card driver while you working with corel or adobe ps printer. HnD

0 Likes

Simply put I am not satisfied with posted solutions.

We need all new drivers to work correct - nobody needs such 'last minute solutions' in a capitalist world.

This is not what AMD dedicated consumers need.

This problem is severe and is out in the wild for some time.

I've tried to rollback to the last working windows driver for my card version 2017.0424.2119.36535

with this one I can't configure my 2 desktops to have same colors - with 18.* it was possible.

ReLive is not working anymore it just saves 256kb unreadable files, so I've lost a long gaming session which will never be posted on youtube thanks to AMD customer care - do you think I should be happy with that - dissatisfaction is this the new norm in customer relation ? - disabling drivers to work with a piece of software is the best AMD can advice ?.

When 18.* drivers will work again out of the box ? - that is my question ...assuming that you will not let in the dark all Corel users dear AMD.

0 Likes
shawnsbrain66
Adept II

Windows update has updated the driver over the working one.

I'll now try to roll back the driver, and set a group policy so Windows update won't try and update the working driver.

Not cool.

0 Likes