cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dodgythoughts
Journeyman III

Win 10 1903 AMD Graphics driver issues

AMD FirePro W4100 Graphics card, worked fine under 1809, after upgrade to 1903 I get a Code 31 device not working properly.

I was running win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q1.2-mar29 before the upgrade
after upgrade, I tried updating to the latest win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q2-may6

Tried reverting to an older driver radeon-pro-software-adrenalin-edition-17.12.1-dec11

Tried uninstalling everything and letting windows update install its version 21.19.141.0

DXDIAG attached.

0 Likes
6 Replies

I'm able to use 19H1 with W4100 without any issues, please re-install the OS and retry.

0 Likes
fsadough

Your DXDIAG shows the Onboard Intel graphics to be active. Please uninstall the Intel Onboard graphics driver and also disable it in your system BIOS or in device manager. In addition DXDIAG does not show a proper installation of AMD Graphics driver 19.Q2, I see Microsoft Basic Display Driver being installed.

0 Likes
dodgythoughts
Journeyman III

I rolled back to 1809, and everything works fine again.

I attempted to upgrade to 1903 again, same issue.
attempted to install GFX drivers using the detect and install function, it failed with an error 

Error 1603 – A General Error Has Occurred During the Installation of the AMD Software Package

I uninstalled the gfx driver for AMD, then used the AMDCleanUninstallUtility and rebooted.
after reboot, i used win10-64bit-radeon-pro-software-enterprise-19.q2.1-june5

Still getting the same issue.

0 Likes

Did your read my comment at all?

0 Likes

Are you installing the latest driver in 1809 before you upgrade to 1903? If not that is what you should do. Not saying this can't truly be a driver problem but you always want to load the compatible driver before you do the upgrade if you did not.

0 Likes
elbali
Journeyman III

Hello,

I had the same issue. Here is how I resolved it:

1. Run the DDU tool available on the official AMD website. Do this is a safe mode. This will remove all AMD drivers from your computer.

2. Install the correct driver - on the official site you get a recommendation to install the Adrenalin software which doesn't support older graphic cards. Instead install the legacy drivers - Crimson and Catalyst. Once these drivers were installed my PC started working again.

NOTE TO ANYONE FROM AMD READING THIS: please fix your website. When I looked for recommended driver for my AMD Radeon R5 230M, Adrenalin driver which doesn't support this GPU popped up.

Thank you,

0 Likes