cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pan6467
Adept II

why will my RX470 not work?

Can get the integrated graphics from the HDMI port, system says it is there but it is not functioning. PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
8 Replies
lacika
Journeyman III

What is this for card and what have the System from your Tower what is in the tower the componet from Alien tech

for exampel

low Power Adapter

Wrong HDMI Cable 1.4-2.0b (c)

DP Display Port try

not syncron whit Monitoring

fix in bios

Computer Unit to Hot

wrong cabling the Motherboard

look her

All in One Runtimes - Download - ComputerBase
AMD Chipsatztreiber - Download - ComputerBase 

AMD Adrenalin-Treiber - Download - ComputerBase 

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download 

Driver Booster Free - Treiber-Updates finden & installieren 

show for the Motherboard Typ the Specification thit the handy when system from pc no go

and bios update and free edition driver booster for upgrade devices for interface Unit

0 Likes

I suggest a DP cable or DP to HDMI cable just in case the port is damaged

0 Likes

It was flashed for mining the EBay guy gave me a refund and I have an MSI 580 coming from Newegg tomorrow.

thanks for the help.I just wish the sellers had been forth coming about having them as miners, running 24/7 for who knows how long... Now I can have a better one (the 580 is better than a 470) for 20-30 bucks more and it is "new" (Refurbed) I'd be a fool not to take it.

Some vendors from mining forget to flash the card back to stock for gamers

I have bought cards, but I always left instructions to flash the card back to OEM stock. I assume used cards are ex-miners.

They were and the last one accepted a return. I bought a new one off Newegg for $119. $40 more than I paid but at least it will work. I tried to reflash but had no idea what i was doing and preferred a refund rather than bricking it and getting nothing.

Thanks. Just wish they would have been forthright and told me when I bought it instead of me thinking it was my board or windows (the mobo I had to return twice and I had to reinstall windows.) But live and learn.

0 Likes

I bought a HD 6970 with a 3rd party cooler on it, it ran well for the time I used it for gaming. The previous users was minging which is why he installed the Arctic III cooler on the power pig. The card was never modified save for the better cooler.

The EVGA GTX 1060 I use now set me back $137 Canadian which was a sweet deal. I have been using it since. The vendor never modified the BIOS.

So I have a fairly updated video card that is windows 10 feature compliant

Nice on the 1060. I just got the MSI RX580 from Newegg for $120 US (decided to just bite the bullet and pay the $40 more and not go through the headaches of Ebay anymore). At least it works. lol Disppointed that MSI doesn't put a backplate or LED on the Armor like they do on just their MSI models. In fact, there is NOTHING that shows it being an MSI, making it look generic.

0 Likes

pan6467 wrote:

Nice on the 1060. I just got the MSI RX580 from Newegg for $120 US (decided to just bite the bullet and pay the $40 more and not go through the headaches of Ebay anymore). At least it works. lol Disppointed that MSI doesn't put a backplate or LED on the Armor like they do on just their MSI models. In fact, there is NOTHING that shows it being an MSI, making it look generic.

backplates are mostly for supporting heavy coolers, they do not contribute to cooling 

0 Likes