cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jreges
Adept I

Why the RX550-550 doesn't run on upgraded windows 10

I recently purchased an XFX 550 that doesn't even run on windows 10. on the first windows update, the video card is already working. I have already installed it on several computers with different configurations, as well as different versions of windows 10 (pro / home). My first experience with AMD is frustrating.

2 Replies

You post is fairly vague without any type of computer information except you have a AMD RX550 GPU card.

From what I understand, you installed your GPU card in several computers including yours but had no Video output?

How is your Monitor connected to the GPU card?  Are you using an Adapter?  If so, make & model?

Make & Model of Monitor?

Are you able to enter BIOS and check to see if your GPU card is recognized in the PCIe slot where you have it installed?

Also in BIOS make sure your GPU card is the Main Display Device and not your APU integrated Graphics if you happen to have a APU installed. You didn't mention what type of processor you have installed.

But if you installed the GPU card in several computers with no video then i suggest your RMA the GPU Card and have it replaced or repaired.

I take it that you are saying you have tried this card and it was working on other computer but not on the one you want it to running Windows 10. In that case I doubt it would be a card issue. You may have a bios that is incompatible or needs to be updated on that machines motherboard. You may not meet the power requirements for that card with your power supply or have a bad power supply causing issue. You could have a bad PCIe port on that motherboard, did another card work okay in that slot? You may just have a corrupted Windows installation that needs to be installed fresh. 

As already mentioned by elstaci‌. Your information is vague and you will need to explain in a bit more detail with full system specs if our advice is not enough to get you sorted.

Good Luck!