cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

oldgazer
Adept I

Why is UEFI POST not being displayed?

I have a brand new RX570 card installed in a working system.  On bootup the monitor screen is blank and it does not show UEFI POST messages (I have LOGO disabled).  When I go to Settings > Advanced > Command Prompt the monitor is blank.

Once I get logged into Windows 10 every thing is fine.

To change any UEFI settings I have to take the RX570 out and put an older HD4670 card in.  This is totally unacceptable...

The monitor is a Dell VGA connected to the RX570 DP port via a DP to VGA adapter.  I am using Windows 10.  Mother board is an ASUS A88XM-A with 16 gigs of DDR3 ram. Processor is an AMD Athlon X4 880K running at 4gHz.  All UEFI settings are default.  UEFI firmware is the latest version.  RX570 BIOS is the latest version.  All AMD video sfotware is the latest version.  So what's the deal?  Is this a boot time issue with the RX570?  Is it a UEFI issue?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The usual two culprits are 'Fast Boot' in uefi bios settings and/or 'Fast Startup' in windows power settings.

Use the search at http://www.tenforums.com/ for various options, Tuts., etc... on how to access.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

The usual two culprits are 'Fast Boot' in uefi bios settings and/or 'Fast Startup' in windows power settings.

Use the search at http://www.tenforums.com/ for various options, Tuts., etc... on how to access.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thanks for the info.  I'll check it out and get back to you..

0 Likes

I have it figured out.  It was a combination of not using an EFI partition on the boot drive and having the Compatibility Support Module set to Enabled. 

The system was basically clean, so I just started over.  Works like a charm.

Thanks for the pointers...

0 Likes