cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tanjim
Journeyman III

Why does my R9 390 keep crashing at random while playing games?

Black screen crash with buzzing sound from speaker (R9 390)

Help (GPU)

Hello there,

Getting black screen while playing games with a strange looping buzzing sound (from the speaker - no beep code). Signal gone, no error code. Have to hard reset to be able to do anything. Getting these crashes varies from playing 10 minutes to 1,5 hours of gameplay.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS B150M-A
CPU: Intel i5 6500
Memory: 1x8GB DDR4
GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 390 8GB
Driver: Adrenalin 18.9.3
PSU: CM 650W

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch a demanding game
  2. Wait to crash with black screen

Expected Behavior:Game runs smoothly without crashing the whole system.Actual Behavior:After playing 10 minutes to 1,5 hours, black screen occurs with buzzing sound from speaker. Can't do anything, have to hard reset.

Additional Observations:Can't think of anything what could produce the crash, I had this system for more than 2 years now with no problem. It all started few weeks age with a few crashes -like 1 per week. But now, it's getting really frustrating, I can't really play at all for longer period of time.Things I've tried:

• cleaned with ddu -> updated to latest driver - still having black screen crashes
  • cleaned with ddu -> installed old - still having black screen crashes
  • updated to latest BIOS version - didn't resolve issue
  • Under clocked the gpu- haven't resolved the issue
2 Replies
tanjim
Journeyman III

amdmatt​ can you please help? Sapphire r9 390 Black screen crash - Streamable  here is video of the problem. You can't hear the buzzing noise because a headphone was plugged in

0 Likes

I have the same issue for 1 1/2 years! looking all over for a fix! help!

0 Likes