cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RiwS
Journeyman III

Why can't I purchase a card even though it is available in the online store?

Question as in the subject.

This is the second such case, when seeing the possibility of adding a card to the basket, I try to buy it, but I get a message that I have nothing in the basket. I can buy other items. Only this card I cannot add. AMD, what is it?

Here is the link to the video with an attempt to buy a card:

Problem with purchasing a Radeon card from the AMD online store.

0 Likes
9 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

I don't know which card you want but Newegg has the same card I'm running in stock right now.

https://www.newegg.com/xfx-radeon-rx-6900-xt-rx-69xtacsd9/p/N82E16814150859

0 Likes

I want to buy a reference card in the online store at AMD (AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Midnight Black Graphics Card). The link I sent in the first message and below shows this process and problem:

Problem with purchasing a Radeon card from the AMD online store. 

0 Likes

Welcome to the club. 

I've been try for more than 4 months to buy any available gpu and all my tries failed.

This means:

- Already no stock and all what you see is fake.

- All available stock you will see in black market sold by scalpers.

So don't bother yourself and waste your time because it's impossible to buy a gpu from AMD online store. 

I'm already waiting for next gen AMD gpus and hope they add a queue for use to purchase or pre-order. 

0 Likes
RiwS
Journeyman III

It is sad that a company that so many of us have believed in and witch we supported in the fight against competition laughs in our face and deceives us.

Such practices are pathetic.
Shame on AMD, shame on you!

0 Likes

Don't be stupid. AMD webstore has bugs, that's true. No-one is trying to --deceive-- you or jerk you around. It's called demand FFS. What a f***in crybaby. 

0 Likes

<<<

I've been try for more than 4 months to buy any available gpu and all my tries failed.

This means:

- Already no stock and all what you see is fake.

- All available stock you will see in black market sold by scalpers.>>>

No, it doesn't --mean-- that. It means either your computer, internet connection or payment provider has a degree of latency that means other people are getting in and getting your stock before you can complete whatever step you're up to. That's all. AMD is not out to get you. Crikey. You're not the centre of the universe, did that ever occur to you....?

Anyway you have your queue system now so, happy right? 

0 Likes

All I can see is that you are being rude.

You are trying to explain - as you called it - shop errors when cards are dramatically unavailable on the market. As I mentioned, this is not the only case I have dealt with. A person who encountered the same problem also commented on this thread.

So stop making ugly excuses for AMD's practice of pretending card availability to potential buyers.
However, since these are errors of the store, maybe someone from AMD should take care of it, or refer to these problems in a statement and simply apologize. In simple words - take care of the company's image ... and a large company that can probably afford to monitor the website and online store.

I am not an enemy of AMD. Currently, I am urging my friends to invest in their processors and platforms. However, this state of affairs is unfair to me and other potential buyers.

And finally ... I suggest a little more culture, my friend - you do not help AMD with such gruff statements.

0 Likes

Back when I was still looking for a 5950x the AMD store showed them in stock and I added one to my cart but when I tried to checkout I could never get it to accept any information and then when I tried refreshing the page it showed out of stock.  Fortunately I was able to get it from another reputable online vendor.  Time for you go learn how Best Buy's tech drops work and get some bots working...that is if you really want one.

0 Likes

You know what ... I always try to be fair. I appreciate the advice, but I will not lower myself to the level of people who are hurting others by doing so.
I have several computing platforms - for different uses. Two of them are based on AMD motherboards and CPU Zen2 and Zen1. Zen2 is for gaming and Zen1 for work and video capture and compression. I miss the GPU for the latter platform. I thought it would be great, as next to the classic Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate with a water-cooled 2700X CPU in an open TT Core P5 Ti housing, I will mount the original Radeon with the front to display it in its entirety.
But if I fail, I will buy something else.
The only point is this whole situation where AMD can neither answer nor be just fair and not pretend that cards are available when they are not really available.

0 Likes