cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kamolinka1
Adept I

Which cards to buy

Which one would You pick (mostly in terms of gaming performance 2k ultra 60hz-as I doubt this will 144hz haha):

-2x Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8G NITRO+ SE 1257 - boost 1430Mhz

-MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X+ 8G 1340 - boost 1431Mhz or single Radeon RX VEGA 56 Limited Edition 8GB HBM2 2048BIT

-2x Radeon RX VEGA 56 Limited Edition 8GB HBM2 2048BIT 1247 - boost 1546Mhz or single RX VEGA 64 8GB HBM2 PCI-E limited editon, SKU# 21275-01 (if I ever find one XD)

@update

Been digging on my own and now I'm closer to buying it.

But the problem is that, no matter which I choose it costs the same or even less!

So help me choose, based on the company???:

ASRock Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX Vega 64 = 580 USD,

Palit Radeon RX VEGA 56 Limited Edition 8GB HBM2 2048BIT (light silver plate) = 700 USD

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 8GB 11275-03-40G = 700 USD

Palit ATI Radeon RX VEGA 64 PCI-E Sapphire 8GB HBM2 BOX (2048-bit) [21275-02-20G] (black version with red R) = 700 USD

2 of Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+ Special Edition = 700 USD

2 of 2 of MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X+ 8GB = 700 USD

0 Likes
9 Replies

Honestly I would hold off on buying any video card right now. Black Friday deals start next month, and AMD has so far refused to adjust Vega 64 prices (due to the high price of HBM2 no doubt), which allows the GTX 1080 to, sadly, be the better buy. The RTX 2070 will be released by then which will force AMD to react. AMD has all but confirmed a Polaris 12nm LP refresh which are expected to bring a 10% performance benefit over the RX 500 series, so prices will have to also adjust down for the RX 500 series.

Thanks for the informational message:)

"AMD has all but confirmed a Polaris 12nm LP refresh which are expected to bring a 10% performance benefit over the RX 500 series" - means that rx580 will get V2?

1 thing is that I'm from Poland and basing those prices purely on our "amazon" service wannabee + 1 store with "normal prices". Elsewhere in big hardware markets Vega 64 can cost You even 915 - 1050 USD!!! So I think that, 700 isn't a bad deal.

Hell, Nitro + 64 is nearly unreachable here, light silver Vega 64 is out of stock.

So I'm willing to buy it or wait a wee bit longer.

Still it doesn't change the fact that, I've posted 6 possibilities and want to know which one to choose.

0 Likes

Alright, Newegg Global then. If you absolutely positively had to buy one TODAY, and you could only choose one, Vega64 would be the better choice (shipping is 147,40 zł), which equals out to 2,013.39 zł  ($541.68), but as I said for the love of God don't unless you absolutely positively have to buy one right now until AMD cuts the prices of Vega cards. You don't want to deal with the headaches of a two card setup as scaling can range anywhere from 0-100%, and introduce factors not present in single card setups such as microstuttering.

qwixt
Forerunner

I recommend waiting a month to see if AMD released the 680 which is supposed to improve perform by +10%-15% over 580. If true, this would put it near the vega 56 performance level for much less.

0 Likes

Not quite

I guess not. I swear I thought I saw it pushing up there, but 56% is too much ground to cover.

0 Likes

Thank You all for the replay, even considering my national currency.

1.So You say that this 680 will enable me 2k ultra 60 um 144HZ??? As I doubt that single rx 580 will be able to handle that.

I can wait if it will be worthy black_zion. Waited 17 years so few weeks? isn't a big deal.

Still, newGG also doesn't have Nitro+ or referent (light silver or black with red R) model of Vega 64 as well so yea..<----I'm only after those variants.

However, RED DRAGON VEGA 56 looks kinda nice. But it's 56...no 64

Asked ASRock if they gonna rls custom design Vega 64=yes, wait for official info.

Maybe just maybe pay 700usd & get vega 56 (nitro+ or referent) I should be able to 2k ultra 144HZ high fps easily on any game right?.

Btw. where do You get that info bout new cards anyway lol!

ps. Good components for AMD GPU &amp; CPU? A #teamred pc build 

0 Likes

No, 2x RX 680 will not allow the resolution and detail levels you are wanting, a single GTX 1080Ti can't even do it in all games.

I was referring to single rx680 on 2k ultra.

Anyway, let we wait a bitttttttttttttttttttttttt longer.

I was gonna say, I buy PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX Vega 56 DirectX 12 AXRX VEGA 56 8GBHBM2-2D2HD/OC 8GB 2048-Bit HBM2 P...  if nothing changes but the bad reviews....broken card out of open, bios issues, bad memory damnnnn so risky wtf...

So maybe do this on a reference card (which some in the red dragon reviews about claim to be better than it..) The ultimate AFTERMARKET RX Vega - MORPHEUS II cooler SWAP - YouTube

Oh wait! Found the card I want but no store sells it with the warranty & stuff (it's a limited version with LED, more pins, chamber -they don't say this about normal version so You buy and think it must got all this stuff right?) Sapphire NITRO+ RX Vega 64 Limited Edition Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database

If I can't buy it, morpheus II option is to You bad and rising buying red dragon is too I dunno what to do...

Thanks for Your opinion.

0 Likes