Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Grampy
Journeyman III

Which card??

Hi all...

I currently run a Radeon HD7000 series w/1 GB RAM.  I tried to install the new Micro Soft Flite Simulator and it aborted saying my video was incompatible or some thing.  I checked the specs and MSFS says for min. video: NVIDIA GTX 770 or AMD Radeon RX 570 

Tell me about this Radeon RX 570.  Is this like a MAJOR upgrade from what I have?

0 Likes
9 Replies

Like a Porche is an upgrade from a Beetle.

What if it is a Super Beetle with at Porsche engine. LOL

But seriously yes your card is unfortunately way too slow. 

That simulator can bring even the newest top end cards to their knees. 

0 Likes
sfceric64
Adept II

What are the rest of your system specs? I suspect you probably need to invest in a newer system, unless your aiming for the lowest level of enjoyment.

You currently crash because you need 2x the video memory you have. And that is for the minimum requirements.

The rest of your system may also be adding to or interfering with flight sims operations.

Help us help you.

0 Likes

Dell Opti-Plex 7010

windows 10 64-bit

Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

16G memory

0 Likes

Time for a new system! Especially if you want to play or even try the new Flight sim

0 Likes

Agreed with Earnhardt, although with what amounts to an entry level video card in 2020, the RX 570, you won't be held back by your current system if your budget only allows for a GPU upgrade.
0 Likes

I would agree your system may be able to play the flight simulator, if you have a very stripped down Win 10 pro with no background programs operating. But as I said initially, you are going to get the lowest level of enjoyment from the minimum requirements. And as stated above the 570 is a decent upgrade compared to your current graphics card. Personally I would not buy a video card in 2021 that did not have at least 8Gb of DDR6 onboard. It is a bad investment and you would be better off saving the money and putting it aside for a complete new system.

0 Likes

I would add that I would not invest in minimum card either. If you can hold out for a couple months there will be some mid level cards coming on the scene that will give a serious performance at a bit more palatable price. You will of course need a system that can properly drive any current card. 

0 Likes