cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zhebie
Journeyman III

where I can download the linux driver of vega 8 draphics which is embeded in Ryzen 3500U

where I can download the linux driver of vega 8 draphics which is embeded in Ryzen 3500U

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use a laptop with Ryzen 5 3500U and Vega 8 Mobile to run Ubuntu 19.10. Installing the AMDGPU-PRO software has only ever given me login problems (I can't reach anything past my GNOME login page). That particular error also occurred in Ubuntu 18.04.6. This leads me to believe it doesn't have driver support for the APU on board, and only borks my system.

I really wish AMD would support Linux for us.

0 Likes
alfredovogel
Journeyman III

I run Manjaro on an ASUS UM462 R5 WITH RYZEN 5 3500U and no drivers in the kernel for RYZEN GPU Vega. I am on Kernel 5.6 and have issues with screen rotation (no driver for sensors accelerometer); no graphics processing on GPU.

I have read that AMD is only be included in the Kernel v 5.7 to be launched at end of 2020 maybe(?)

AMD pull your weight on the market and issue all the necessary linux drivers for these CPUs. It has taken since 2018 to get the code from AMD into kernels.

0 Likes