cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Re: WHEN WILL ADRENALINE SUPPORT APU SYSTEMS?

Following the procedure inLaptop graphics update...How to​?

0 Likes
nickpengaras
Adept II

Ok, I will try this and I will post asap, thank you for trying to help me!

0 Likes
nickpengaras
Adept II

Hello there,

again I did everything, but nothing worked

1) I deleted files from C/ AMD

amd drivers 9.png

2) I uninstalled AMD software from control Panel.

amd drivers 10.png

3) I turned off all Antivirus and Windows Firewall as well as App protection etc.

amd drivers 11.png

4) I rebooted my system

5) After having nothing opened (Wifi, Antivirus etc) and all previous version of AMD software deleted, I installed version 18.5.1

amd drivers 12.png

6) I restarted my laptop

7) Drivers not Working!

amd drivers 13.png

8) I did all the above for version 18.6.1

9) I installed version 18.6.1

amd drivers 14.png

10) after installation I restarted my laptop and

11) Now it says that I don't have a display connected?

amd drivers 15.png

Please I need this to end... it's unacceptable... I might not be an average consumer, but nobody deserves to waste his time because AMD can't really create a software to update drivers automatically... I bought my laptop 1,5 ago and now it feels outdated because the latest drivers that function are 17.4.3 … This is pathetic really, all the future updates since 17.4.3 are really important to me and I can't seem to get them, and believe me I've tried to hard to get them.

AMD should fix this ASAP!

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

I feel your pain I have a APU Gaming Laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 5576),I have some issues with just getting the correct drivers to run great.I have tried Radeon 18.2.1,Radeon 18.5.1 and have experienced TDR Delay crashes and Device stuck in Thread Handled Error's with a black screen and hearing the sound errrrrrrr....

To nick:

Have you tried 18.2.1?

see if temporary driver's can help until your vendor make's new one's....I have done those two...and they worked but I don't like how they work and then I get the error's I mentioned...

maybe your's might respond differently.

remember turn off wifi after you download driver (download 18.2.1 and then wipe everything with DDU then reboot then make a restore point,then you can install the driver...

If nothing work's with one driver try the other one...start with 18.2.1 first...then fallback to restore point then try the HP vendor driver's....

me,I am tired of trying any of the driver's they have issues..I can't run DooM with Dell's 17.7 driver it came out since Feb....

I have currently Dell's driver and Dell's driver's are not that great.I am using the 17.7 Driver.

I have done the DDU and installing first Dell's driver first and done the windows updates next.

I just don't know what to do next...I was just hoping someone out there with the same model could tell me in what order I am doing my driver installation wrong..

because,I have had both AMD and Dell tell me the same routine of how to get the driver's installed correctly....sigggghhhhh

I have it working,but I want the newer drivers for my system...

Dell is allway's late...on making new driver's....I want the newer driver's that don't have Blackscreen and TDR and Device stuck in thread or Device stuck in thread not handled Error's....

This is my first gaming laptop and my impression isn't good...

I am thinking they don't do  good driver update's for all the newer most Advanced High End Gaming laptop's.....If i can't get up to date driver's quickly enough on this machine then they must apply the same logic to all other laptop's out there....

then what is the point to buy a more expensive Gaming laptop than mine???

I am doing all I can not to break this laptop since it cost me alot...700 out of 1k...got lucky on sale day..

Radeon image.PNG

Radeon Image 2.PNG

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

I just updated to radeon 18.2.1 again after doing 3 times a pc reset and 3 times re-installing everything....long story.

I did this and now Doom and Umbrella corps will play smooth...

Dell's driver's are not that great and old...and the most recent radeon 18.5.1 does work but again those TDR delay errors and thread stuck errors...ughhhhh

0 Likes
pokester
MVP

I can't speak specifically to your model computer. I can tell you however that "gaming laptop" in general is in many ways a losing battle from the start. You are assuming that the Vanilla AMD drivers should work on your laptop, correct, but don't? The truth is that the only drivers that may ever work on that laptop are those modified by your manufacturer and the manufacturers alter from the AMD reference design in may ways, power, cooling solutions, clock speed etc.... This is why it is always suggest on laptops to get the most current driver from your machines maker, which is not AMD.  AMD only supplied that maker a chip, how the maker implements it varies greatly from maker to maker. This is why there is never any guarantee of longevity on laptops when it comes to needing new drivers for gaming, the only driver guaranteed to work is the one it came with, or any the manufacturer chooses to update to. Unfortunately those makers stop support on those in many cases very quickly and AMD gets the black eye in the public, when it is the manufacturers fault for using custom solutions with a customized driver. AMD can't account for this in their Vanilla Drivers.  I would complain to Dell for not having up-to-date drivers to support their product.

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

Dell hasn't done a BIOS or GPU Driver update since february 7th ,(I mean my specific model Dell Inspiron 15 5576)

.....I don't like being sold something and they (Both) of them Company's do not provide that due service of keeping their longtime customer's happy.......it  pisses me off...

Maybe I will try re-posting the same error logfiles and any new error log reports...on both their site's and nag them until they find a team specifically for my system(And all those out their with a 5576 too of course)and get to work on finding what causes the error's and eliminate them from the next future driver that could very well be the next perfect and flawless driver...

funny thing is Dell 5576 has vsync support in my drivers for this model...I am using Radeon 18.2.1 that does not support it...vsync....

Because I cannot wait....I want to play all my games old and new.....

oh,and AMD make sure the new driver for this system has 15% fps increase in performance and gaming...

0 Likes
nickpengaras
Adept II

This is the cheap solution for companies with such behaviors! They blame each other on forums all the time, I've read many posts on HP forums that suggest AMD is responsible for providing the right drivers, or even windows update, for example some APU systems are being updated from Windows Update and that's confirmed from AMD's site (if you search for HELP Q,A). My APU system can't be updated and I have reasoned with myself that I won't purchase anything from AMD or HP!

0 Likes
me262schwalbe1
Adept III

That is why I went Dell...so far it works....with every now and then I get errors from the gpu...but not too bad...I can handle that...

I feel you on HP and AMD.

0 Likes
pislickb3
Journeyman III

I have same cpu and I can install this. I think you should clean install with ddu

Adsız.png

0 Likes