cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

marcusvnf
Adept II

When I install my RX 570, my PC won't start.

So, I recently acquired a RX 570 Strix OC 4GB, but i cant get my pc do start when i plug it in the morther board.

I've tried many solutions but none have worked so far.

Here is what happens, my actual Gpu card is a GTX750 TI it works whit or whitout it, but when i put the RX570 in the pc wont start, my configs are.

Mother Board - b85m-e/br

Processor - Core i5 4590t

RAM - 2x 8gb DDR3 1600 frequency

GPU - GTX750 ti

Power Supply - Corsair cx750m 80 plus bronze

Storage devices - SSD 240GB Kingston + HD 2TB Seagate

Other devices - Gaming mouse and Keyboard, webcam and printer.

Help me pls, i have a promotional code por amd alliance program and it only works with the RX570 on, but pc wont even start with it. What do i do?

0 Likes
1 Solution
marcusvnf
Adept II

Just a quick update of the situation, I contacted AMD Rewards and they allowed me to reddem the code without the GPU, I've sent the GPU to RMA and they said it was indeed faulty so they'll send me another one after testing it. Thanks to all who tried to help, I've learned a lot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
31 Replies

did you also connect the power to the plugs on the top of the card?

0 Likes

Yes, I did even tried another PCIE slot

0 Likes

try a different disk and a clean install of windows from usb or dvd

0 Likes

I've done that too, recently i got a SSD and tried it on the new windows. I'm thinking it may be the GPU, gonna contact AMD directly.

0 Likes

hi,

According to your Motherboard Manual https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/B85M-E/E9915_B85M-E_Manual_v3_web.pdf   make sure you have the Motherboard 4 pin AUX 12 VDC Connected:

The RX 570 only has drivers for Windows 7 & 10 : Radeon™ RX 570 Drivers & Support | AMD . You haven't mentioned which Windows you have installed and what version.

Your Asus Motherboard also has a very new BIOS Update: B85M-E | ASUS Global

BIOS

Version 36022018/05/257.29 MBytes

B85M-E BIOS 3602
Improve system performance

Also make sure you have your monitor connected to the RX 570 and not the motherboard's integrated Graphics.

In BIOS try setting the PCIe Speed to GEN 2:

Your Manual doesn't indicate which slot is PCIe x 16 (2.0 or 3.0). But most likely is Slot number 1 closest to the CPU. The other PCIe x 16 is (x4 speed):

Also in BIOS set it to make PCIe Graphics as the Graphics for booting up and using:

Also in BIOS "Fast Boot" is enabled automatically. Disable Fast Boot which causes many problems for Users.

You also must uninstall completely all Nvidia Graphics drivers for your Nvidia GPU card. It may cause conflicts with AMD Graphic drivers.

Use DDU (Display Driver Unstaller) in Safe Mode to uninstall all traces of Nvidea GPU driver from your computer and than install again the latest AMD GPU Driver. Make sure when using DDU that you have the internet disconnected from your computer to prevent Windows from installing a different Graphics driver. After installing AMD Driver, reconnect the internet.

Finally to really know if your RX 570 is bad or good, Try installing it in another computer to see if it works. If it works then it is something to do with your computer (Configuration or Driver or hardware). If the same thing happens on another computer it might be a good indication the GPU card is bad.

When you install the RX 570 does your motherboard have any odd beeps thru its speaker when it is booting up? It should just beep once. If it beeps more than once, write down the Beeping sequence to see what is at fault.

marcusvnf
Adept II

Wow that is a lot of information, ok lets go step by step

Yes i have the 4 pin and the 24 pin on the mother board connected.

I'm using Windows 10 last update.

My mother board is a little different than that model, b85m-e/br this is the one, so the latest Bios version for mine is from 2016 and i have it updated.

I dont remember changing the GEN 2 option so I'm gonna check it.

The PCI-e 3.0 slot is the one closer to the center of the mother board yes.

I'm pretty sure i've changed the Graphics option in Bios to PCI-e but i'm gonna check as well.

I,ve already disabled fast boot.  

I havent uninstalled the nvidia drivers yet cuz the PC wont even start with the RX570 plugged in, does having the nvidia drivers installed really interfere on the PC turning on at all? if so ill do it.

The only other computer is from my cousin, but his case is really small, ive tried to plug it in his PC but there is no room.

The pc doesnt start at all with it plugged in, the PSU just clicks once when i press the power button in the case, but then nothing happens not even the fans work no beep as well, just nothing.

0 Likes

No, the Nvidia driver shouldn't prevent the computer from booting up. But it may cause conflict with the AMD driver if installed.

does your Intel CPU have integrated graphics on it? If so, you can connect your monitor to the Motherboard's video output and use the integrated Graphics as long as you have the Intel Drivers installed for the integrated Graphics. That way you don't need to use the Nvidia GPU card. According to Intel, your Intel APU has HD Graphics 4600 integrated Graphics for the I5-4590T APU.

I googled your specific Motherboard and Asus Brazil popped up with the BIOS version you mentioned as the latest 2016. B85M-E/BR FAQ | Placas-mãe | ASUS Brasil . But seems to be the same specs as a B85M-E Motherboard. Contact Asus Support via Online Chat and ask them if the BIOS from B85M-E would work in the B85M-E/BR Motherboard. When I inputted your Motherboard's model in Asus Support it took me to B85M-E/CSM Support site which is showing the 2018 BIOS update.

But, to tell you the truth, by what you are saying it doesn't seem like a BIOS Update will do anything to fix the problem. So skip that advice for the moment.

Sounds like the RX 570 seems to be shorting out the motherboard or PSU when installed. If it doesn't even boot up with nothing turned on, you have a serious power problem. Just guessing by what you mentioned. I would contact the RX 570 Support site and see if they recommend to RMA the GPU Card.

If you install the RX and nothing turns on but once you remove the RX and install the Nvidia and everything works again. Sounds like your Rx is shorting out the motherboard or PSU when connected.

Really the best way is to install the RX 570 in another compatible computer and see if it does the same thing.

0 Likes

visually check the Rx 570 and see if you see any odd or weird black markings. That could indicate something shorted out on the RX causing your problems.

Also If the RX 570 is causing some type of massive power issue or short, it may damage your Motherboard or PSU. So you need to be aware and careful.

Again I am just going by what you mentioned as there is no power at all when you turned on the PSU and all you hear is a click with no fans or lights or indication of any power going to the motherboard with the RX570 installed. With a 750 Watt Bronze PSU you should have no power issues with the RX 570 installed. It is possible your PSU is activating a power safety feature to prevent damage to the motherboard (Overvoltage, Shorts, etc).

0 Likes
marcusvnf
Adept II

I know right? My PSU is pretty powerfull for this setup, besides i contacted Corsair via online chat yesterday and we talked for like an hour, we got to the conclusion that my PSU is working just fine, that the problem could be my pc configs or the actual GPU, since its the GPU the only thing not making my pc start, i think i should contact RX 570 support like you suggested.

I've sent an email to the Brazil Support team, asking for assistance, now I just wait to see if they answer.

0 Likes

Who manufactured your RX 570? Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, XFX, Sapphire, etc?

Did you notice any black or brown marks on the GPU Card? need to look closely, possibly with a magnifying glass.

By the way, make sure the AMD Promotion is good in Brazil and the retailer you bought the GPU card from.

0 Likes

Asus, i've looked it from every possible angle, there is no sign of damage or burn, its phisically intact.

The promotional code is for 3 games, but its only until december 31, so time is running out, at this point i just want the GPU to work properly dont even care about the games anymore, just dont want my money to be wasted.

0 Likes

contact Asus using online Chat and see if they recommend RMA the gpu card. I believe Asus has a three Warranty on its GPU cards.

Since you are in Brazil, Warranty may work differently than in the USA.

Good luck.

I doubt it is a configuration problem since it won't even boot into BIOS. 

0 Likes

Yes,  I've contacted then and they replied saying i needed too send a pdf copy of the paying bill and the serial number photo.

I've done it, just waiting for the answer.

0 Likes

Hope they send you a replacement that works.

0 Likes

Me too, and maybe in time for me to use the code as well.

0 Likes

Not sure, but since you made a valid purchase of a AMD GPU card, your code should be good, regardless if the GPU card was defective and needs to be RMAed.

Contact AMD Rewards or log in to AMD REWARDS.Com and see if your Code is good. The Retailer must provide the code for you to use at AMD Rewards website. If the Retailer doesn't give you a code, you won't be able to use AMD Reward site to get your games.

0 Likes

I already have the code, but i can only use it if the RX570 is installed on the pc, i've tried to use the code.

0 Likes

U mean, the code wont be valid if i RMA my GPU?

0 Likes

No, The code should be valid even if you RMAed the GPU card.

If the RX 570 needs to be installed for the code to be redeemed at AMD Rewards site, Open a AMD Reward ticket and let them know that possibly your RX is defective and you may not get a replacement until after the promotion ends and see what they suggest.

Just guessing, but maybe if you show AMD Rewards Support the purchase ticket and serial number of the RX they may redeem your code even though it is not installed.

You can open a AMD Rewards Support ticket from here: AMD Rewards .

I've sent a ticket explaining the situation and asking if i can redeem the code without the GPU installed.

Thank you for your help so far.

0 Likes

To tell you the truth, I didn't know until you mentioned it, that the AMD GPU card actually needed to be installed to redeem the code.

Hopefully, AMD will honor your code once they see you can't install the GPU card until you find out what is wrong with it or get a replacement.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

See this plz, Nu a fost detectat un produs AMD relevant în sistemul dumneavoastră. Vă rugăm să instalați produsul AMD relevant și să încercaţi din nou. Produsul(ele) relevante:

this is a print of the message i get when i try to redeem the code. Its not even in my language or  english.

Sem título.png

0 Likes

When the RX 570 is installed and if it does not work, you should get a specific beep code from the motherboard telling you what the issue is. You have to have the case speaker connected to the motherboard in order to hear the beep error code. If you cannot get a post screen at all but the system works with the GTX 750 ti then most likely this is a defective GPU. Also, if the code you are referring to is for getting those 2 out of 3 games then it does not need to have the GPU installed in the PC at all. Those codes are vouchers that will allow you to get those games for free when they come out next year. You just have to have the code and register it on AMD's rewards site.

0 Likes

Well, i contacted the AMD rewards team when the code they provided didnt work, they said i needed the hardware actually installed to redeem the code.

And the games are already out, Assassin's Creed Odissey, and 2 others.

0 Likes
marcusvnf
Adept II

Just a quick update of the situation, I contacted AMD Rewards and they allowed me to reddem the code without the GPU, I've sent the GPU to RMA and they said it was indeed faulty so they'll send me another one after testing it. Thanks to all who tried to help, I've learned a lot.

0 Likes
marcusvnf
Adept II

So today my new GPU arrived and the same problem is happening, the PC wont even start when I install it, i really dont know what to do or what is happening, I guess I'll RMA it for the money back then since it seens they are sending bad replacements as well.

0 Likes

Try the replacement card on another computer. If it works that probably indicates that the motherboard or some other hardware is bad.

NOTE: it is possible that they "Repaired" you original GPU card and sent back to you. You can check it to see if the replacement has the same serial number as the original.

0 Likes

Nah, its another serial number, but i dont have another computer to test it, and with the other GPU that i have everything works just fine, i dont think any of my PC parts are the problem since the PC wont start only when I plug the RX570 in.

I've also checked the mother board compatibility and its supposed to work, I really dont understand the problem, could it be that I'm so unlucky that the replacement came faulty as well?

0 Likes

LoL, well Lightning does strike twice in extremely rare cases.

0 Likes

Lmao, I'm contacting then they've answered already, well it happened to my sister 2 RMA on the same product, guess it runs in the family then.

0 Likes
allenk
Journeyman III

I just bought a Gigabyte Radeon RX 570 and have the above problem as well.

My solution is if your display has a non-standard resolution [such as Ultra-Wide Curved Screen or even native 4k resolution] the graphic card won't auto-adjust the resolution signal for some reason.

So I decided to use an older monitor that has a native resolution of 1920 x 1080p, and it worked smoothly.

0 Likes