cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

andythorntonjr
Journeyman III

What size screw is above the HDMI plug on an RX Vega 64 graphics card?

Looking to screw on an adapter to help keep the HDMI cable firmly in place on my RX Vega 64 graphics card. I noticed there is a tiny screw above the plug for the HDMI (and the Display Port plugs). What is the exact size of these screws?

0 Likes
2 Replies

It will be helpful to upload photos of the adapter you want to screw on and the screw you are talking about.

I don't really see a reason to have to use an adapter to securely hold the HDMI cable unless you have a laptop that you are moving around. I have a desktop with two HDMI cables connected and they never come loose since I am not moving the computer case or monitor or Television around.

Is this the type of HDMI lock you are talking about: HDMI EZ Lock | ShowMeCables.com 

0 Likes

That's the exact HDMI lock I'm trying to use actually. I have an extension cable that I'm using for my Oculus Rift to plug into the HDMI slot, but it doesn't hold in place that well, so got the lock to keep it from coming loose just enough to disconnect. The only problem is the included screws/adapter are just a little too big to fit.

As for the screws in question, here is what the card looks like:

RX Vega 64 Ports

The computer case has a small part of the back slots going across (since this card takes up two spots on the back), so the adhesive route is pretty much out (that part is rounded and not flat, so the adhesive won't stick well enough). I'm going to look for one of the extensions & screws to go into the card, but just have to figure out the size of the screws. I can try to measure them if need be, but figured someone has likely run into this already.

0 Likes