cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sec608
Journeyman III

what should i do for connection for three monitor in rx5700xt?

i bought it 3 days ago, and used it now.

i knew some issues before buying this model, but i was indifferent, i don't play game much times.

my intention for device is just trading on stocks.

but i have not thought about connection.

for my job, i should use multiple monitor at least three...

dual connection is fine, but when connecting 3, hdmi monitor (third monitor) went black...

it is my device list.

GPU : rx5700xt (xfx, raw ultra d6 8gb)

first monitor : 165hz DP monitor (with DP-DP connection on 144hz.)

2nd : 75hz hdmi (using hdmi-DP convertor on 60hz.)

3rd : 75hz hdmi (with HDMI-HDMI connection on 75hz.)

4 Replies

I would start with talking to XFX support. They made the card and should know their interface best. Did you try swapping out the Display Port choices. Specs say it has 3 Display Ports. I have no idea if this is the issue or not but I have seen cards in the past that if you use a certain display port it disables the HDMI and Vice Versa. You might see if changing one the DP to a vacant port helps. Also have you tried the HDMI all by itself and does it work? Best bet is to talk to XFX. 

0 Likes

Are you using Windows to configure your 3 monitors or AMD Eyefinity or some other software?

What resolutions are you running for each of the 3 monitors?

What is showing under Windows Settings - Display for each monitor? Try changing the Resolutions to be the same and Hz on all three monitors and see if all three turn on as a temporarily Troubleshooting step. If you still have the same problem then you can configure all 3 monitors to the way you had it before.

Are you using a DP-HDMI or HDMI-DP Adapter?  If you are using a DP-HDMI adapter it should be an "Active" DP-HDMI adapter. This tech website explains why: DisplayPort to HDMI conversion: should I use an active or a passive adapter? - News - Barco 

Here is XFX RX5700XT specs from XFX Support: XFX-2019 

0 Likes

The OP did give maker and model which is why I suggest XFX support. "rx5700xt (xfx, raw ultra d6 8gb)"

0 Likes

Missed that. Thanks. Changed my previous reply showing XFX specs.

0 Likes