cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nightcow
Adept I

What new card can i crossfire with HD6970? Will it work with r7 250 for exampple?

Had 2x 6970 in crossfire but sold one ... coz had 60fps maxed in all games even on one of it. But now got some FPS issues & want to try crossfire it , but no HD series on market nowdays.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
sgtbilko
Miniboss

Re: What new card can i crossfire with HD6970? Will it work with r7 250 for exampple?

HD 6970 will only be able to be used in Multi-GPU configs with the HD 6950, HD 6970 and HD 6990

mafucek
Journeyman III

Re: What new card can i crossfire with HD6970? Will it work with r7 250 for exampple?

Nightcow, i myself have Trifire, HD 6970 and HD 6990. Great 3dmark results, great GPU power etc...But huge fact that you will not find out when you our looking at official reviews and benchmarks - CFX does not work, or at least with new titles, huge problems with support and drivers. Example, witcher 3, project cars, or any other new title...

It only works with "older" games, that majority of ppl dont care about...

When I say CFX not working, i mean not working by its full potential, low scaling and stuff, stuttering and stuff...(flicker in witcher 3). So officialy you will read it does support, but in practice it works with major issues.

0 Likes