cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sossity
Journeyman III

What is next affordable graphic card after Radeon HD 6450

If possible I would like to upgrade HD 6450 card to something similar but, better. Mine is 7 years old and the only problem I am seeing now is when I play pool online. Nothing major. No overheating. Some graphics in wrong place mostly. I just play mild :-) games. I have very little to spend and wondering if someone can recommend a card just a few notches above what I already have.

Thanks very much. Enclosing computer specs:  Acer Desktop PC AM3970-UR11P (PT.SHAP2.011) Intel Core i5 2320 (3.00 GHz) 8 GB DDR3 1 TB HDD AMD Rad... 

Edit: Did add SSD a few months ago Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500G 

0 Likes
4 Replies

Sadly AMD stopped making low end, basic cards after the 6450, so your cheapest option is the $100 RX 550. However, it draws twice the power, so you will need to replace the PSU most likely as well.

0 Likes

Thanks for the devastating news. I'm kidding! You've been a help. At lease now I know where I stand. She's done me good all these years. PSUs don't look to horribly expensive. Can you recommend where I might look for a good priced one? Thanks again!

0 Likes

Well before we get to that, does your Acer computer take a standard ATX power supply, or is it a custom, non replaceable version? Also, does your computer have a UEFI BIOS? 7 year old AMD computer likely not, and the RX 500 series and newer can have issues with non UEFI capable computers. I hate to say it but your best option may be to build, or buy, a brand new system.

0 Likes

I  have no idea what you're talking about. I'm just a retired old lady who had a stroke but, still trying to do things myself. With a little help from you, of course. Just gonna have to run it until it dies. It'll be my last. Unless I want to fire up the old Vista machine . Thanks for your time. Appreciate it. Happy trails....

0 Likes