Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mytree123
Adept I

Weird texturing in Lockheed Martin P3Dv5.1 HF1

Hello Dear Flight Sim community and those who know what is going on,

I play a flightsimulator called Prepar3D v5. I currently use it on my AMD Ryzen 7 5800X paired with an RX6800XT and 32GB RAM @3600MhZ. I (and MANY others) have the problem that some scenarios in this particular sim cause straight, vertical white lines to appear. Sometimes they are green, sometimes red but most of the time white (I have a screenshot regarding this problem). Now you might ask yourself: What does that have to do with AMD?

Well, to put this short and simple: I know several people who either have a 6800XT or a 6900XT and ALL of them experience this problem. I also asked NVIDIA users if they had the same problem and absolutely none had alike issues. While the plane is flyable and it doesn't affect performance it is kind of annoying and I'd like to get rid of it. If you have the same problem, please let me know by posting a reply to this post!

Thank you in advance and I hope AMD will soon release a driver fix for this issue.

Kind regards, Niels Paul Walter

8 Replies
mytree123
Adept I

Here is a link to the screenshot that I was talking about before: https://ibb.co/SfP0m8v

The white lines are the bug I was talking about!

Cheers

RX6900XT user here, I can confirm I am having the same issues 

Lockheed_Martin_Prepar3D_v5_24_01_2021_02_06_28_1.jpg

Okay,

Short update on this topic:

I know 3 people including the recent user here that have this problem where there are weird lines in all colours (mainly red, green, blue or white) all over the place. They are all vertically and they flicker all the time.

I get this issue in two aircraft I currently have as 3rd party aircraft which are the "PMDG 737NGXU" and the "CaptainSim 757 II". You can see a screenshot in the end of this post. I believe it is a shader problem with AMD because we have all tried restoring shaders in the flightsimulator itself though that didn't fix the problem. The user that previously replied did a full system restore but the problem persists. I am now asking AMD to please take notice to this problem because there is a large percentage of people flying in this particular simulator. Moreover, AMD is probably the best option to go to get this Sim to work as it sometimes sucks up as much as 8.5GBs of VRAM and 16GBs is probably the best amount to have. They are also quite cheap compared to Nvidias GPUs and that's why I'd really like to see improvements in the shaders of "Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V5".

I hope the given information is enough to somewhat fix the problem and I wish you all the best!

Kind regards,

Niels Walter

As you can see this problem is not just limited to one aircraft. In the qualitywings 787 addon, The texturing appears on side of the EFB (Electronic Flight Bag) screen

It is also possible to see this texturing problem in the Default aircraft too. In this Blackhawk helicopter, blue/purple lines can be seen on the clock and a dark blue line can be seen along the side of the large screen in the bottom portion of the image.

This issue seems to be occurring in any aircraft with glass screens 

Anyone have a fix for this issue? I done a fresh instal and I have the same issue with 6900XT.

Thanks

0 Likes

I just bought an AMD RTX 6750 XT 12GB (due to VRAM reasons).

The latest Adrenalin driver is also installed.

Unfortunately, AMD still hasn't fixed the problem.

The vertical lines (white, green, red) appear on almost all aircraft - including the standard Mooney.

If you use Anti-Aliasing greater than 2, horizontal, flickering lines appear in the background.

With my previously used Nvidia card (RTX 2070) I never observed such problems.

Obviously AMD has no interest in solving the problem.

0 Likes

Why can't I see my uploaded video?

0 Likes
CptAirbus
Adept I

Apparently there are no forum admins or support staff at AMD who can respond to questions or problems in a timely manner.
Graphics problems, as described here, seem to be unsolvable with AMD.
In this case, support from NVIDIA is light years ahead.
Too bad.

0 Likes