cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SnowHat
Adept III

Weird issue with crashing apex legends

Hey all!! I hope by coming here I can have different perspectives so I can have this issue fixed but start, this hasn’t happened on apex before and started recently. Basically, I’ll be playing apex for like 15ish minutes and then I’m brought upon an error code and it’ll crash my game but this crash will either black screen my monitors and then go back to normal to reveal the error code or it’ll make my screens go wild. I have proof with the video embedded in the post and the error code is 0x887a0006: DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

For some reason the video won't be processed, so i'll just send a picture of what my screen looks like when I say, it goes "wild". 

I also want it to be clear that I made sure I cleaned the inside of my computer including my cpu and gpu just to make sure it wasn't an overheating or dust problem. Safe to say I managed to get a lot of dust out of both gpu and cpu. I haven't tried since but I still would like to know why an issue like this would happen and how to fix it. 

IMG_2044[1]-min.PNG

357 Replies

Well there was a patch on 450mb around that time you are speaking about, the patch was a "anti cheat patch" if im not misstaken,

maybe im talking out my a** but i really think im onto something here,

Edit, got crash on fortnite aswell who uses "easy anti cheat".

Not saying its the problem but please look into it snowhat

https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/xf1cwr/the_insanity_of_eas_anticheat_system_by_a_kernel/

maybe this is the issue?

was the crash on fortnite the same DXGI error device hung crash or did it give a different one for fortnite? I will definitely look into, thank you for the information my guy!!

0 Likes

Well i get the DXGI error sometimes and blackscreen sometimes, blue screen sometimes, normal feeze to kick to desktop sometimes,

ive gotten all types over the months, so its hard to say,

only played untill the first crash on fortnite, then i stoped becouse its not my job to risk my computor for this anymore,

but look snowhat, google "easy anti cheat device error hung" and look the first few pages and tell me you dont see a pattern here?

Hmm well it wouldn't be a first time easy anti cheat has done annoyances to the world, good search on this and yeah it's definitely strange and looks like that may be the case! 

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

AMD got back to me after I sent my system info and dxdiag files, and said this problem is in fact an issue with Apex Legends. I sent a bug report to EA the same day I sent the support ticket to AMD and have yet to hear back. I suggest everyone here send bug reports to EA explaining the issue while being respectful. One bug report to EA doesn't really get things done, but maybe a few can get Apex to publicly acknowledge the issue. At this point that's really our only option. 

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
littlenezt
Adept III

i dont know if its okay to put twitter link here, but the dev is indeed looking into this issue
https://twitter.com/RSPN_Pav/status/1569727544039190530

Thanks for letting us know. I was under the impression they were not.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
SavvyVm
Journeyman III

II have noticed that all crashes looks like ending stages of adrenalin installation, has anyone else noticed that?

0 Likes
cujuba
Journeyman III

I've been having the same erros as you guys, tried EVERYTHING I saw in online forums, but nothing worked (even getting a new PSU). 

I checked the devs' Trello board and they seem to be investigating the issue (https://trello.com/b/ZVrHV38P/apex-tracker), however, they list the issue as "RX5700-XT crashes", even though I own a 5500 XT and have the exact same problems. Maybe someone could contact them to say that it's not just a RX5700-XT problem? I would but I don't know how to (twitter maybe?)

Anyways, thank you guys for not giving up yet, it's been a hard couple of months trying to play this game.

0 Likes

I could be wrong but I would assume that even though they have it listed as "RX5700-XT crashes" if they manage to fix it, I would be optimistic and say it should fix it for the other AMD gpus as well since it isn't only resorted to the RX5700 XT but AMD GPUs as a whole. This is great to hear that they are at least investigating and hopefully to have a fix soon. 

xtreeem
Adept III

https://youtu.be/lMulz7iswWE Saw this one today, seems like AMD software is lagging behind apparently.

Also this dude hardly test AMD on Apex which I guess is indication of its performance plus when he does FPS are unstable.

FYI

0 Likes

The new driver seemed like a rush(why I didn't update yet) so people could play Warzone 2. As for apex FPS being unstable, I hold a solid 165fps and could likely push it further but don't really need to. Also I find a LOT of reviewers don't test in a lot of  BR's in general.

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

At least this is on the Trello board now, seems like we will have a potential fix for the next split... maybe. 

At least allmost two months right now.
Still ingentigating...but they say only one graphic i have RX580 and the same issue....
And i see a lot of model of AMD with the same problem

0 Likes
Mare1
Journeyman III

Guys, try this if you are on steam.
Every time you want to play, go to steam library and verify integrity of game files, then start the game from steam.
So far no crashes, played around 10 hours.
Edit: Crashed 1 hour after writing this lol.. 

0 Likes
littlenezt
Adept III

i feel you bro, lol

0 Likes
aditrex
Adept II

so late Matt devs send u to get more information this is not how u should work man this is issue since day 1 in caldera and game will be dead in 1month im sorry but u have to take critic comment from me for sure if u guyz want to fix issues like that u need to get on top of it like instally i feel so scamed paid 1200eur for 6800xt and then sold it at 800 recently just becouse i couldnt deal with this stuttering issue and vanguard crashing after every match ends and noone said anything after all this time dunno man 

xtreeem
Adept III

Today for some reason I have been crashing like back in the old days of the beginning of the season... like 2-3 games out of 5 including one crash which I was not even able to alt+f4 out, it was so quick that had to force standby for the system.

No matter the hype about AMD products and negativity behind Nvidia the harsh truth is that if you want to play Apex Nvidia is the way to go - stability, picture quality, additional enchantments via Nvidia panel and filters. Everyone has Nvidia as far as I have been talking with people in Diamond+ lobbies for the past 2-3 weeks and they just lol @ my crashes and 90 FPS lock fact.

0 Likes
npax
Adept I

Does anyone know if there is something related to this issue in this new 22.9.1 update ?

0 Likes

I am still on 22.8.2 and I heard that latest drivers affect 6-series GPUs more than 5-series so I am not even planning to update tbh.

Crashes are more random than anything else from what I see.

0 Likes
npax
Adept I

I just got the same thing on Forza 4 which I wasn't playing for almost a year. I got the artefact screen thingy, then I have manually restart my pc and after 20 minutes of playing Forza 4, same thing happened. I am looking for second hand 2070s

That is sad and I guess is the first sign that it is not Respawn after all but at least Microsoft and or AMD

0 Likes

I remember I got the artifact crashing thing in black ops cold war a while back as I remember. I never thought about it till now and I wonder if cold war uses easy anti cheat as well? So maybe this artifact crazy bug crash thing happens due to a similar anti cheat or utility they use for their games?!

0 Likes
littlenezt
Adept III

i have rolled back to the 22.8.2 seems to be more stable than 22.9.1, on my PC 22.9.1 took less than hour to crash

xtreeem
Adept III

Another thing btw I start noticing even on **bleep** 90 fps locked is that I am having some major stutters like lags/game not being synchronized at times. Basically feels like playing the game while surrounded by strobe lights.

Sure it happens only for brief moments but it does and quite regularly for the past few days.

OMG just this combo and lack of official info/feedback/update.

All we can do is just swap to team green (ones who have money) and/or uninstall Apex.

0 Likes

i start playing valorant because of this lol

perfctly
Elite

have not played apex since 7/25 when this started oustide of testing to try and fix it. Just wrapped up Modern Warefare 2 beta playing at 1440p getting easily 120-160 fps and in ground war 100-140 on a 5600XT. No issues with my GPU, it is apex and the devs are apparently looking into it, as the trello board says. I highly suggest anyone who uses similar spec jsut not play until it is fixed. Probably only another week or 2 but at that point MW2 will almost be ready for full release and then this game will be dead  

0 Likes
perfctly
Elite

Im actually amazed with how well my system ran MW2 at 1440p, pretty indicitive that it its the game and not software/hardware related. Something to do with how the engine renders/ stores information in RAM/VRAM. It has to be something fundamentally wrong with the game engine that they themselves have screwed up.

Yeah I thought the MW2 beta was actually really good and also very smooth. I wish more games were optimized like that. Although, there were typical beta crashes that were happening to everyone but I didn't mind that since I knew it was a beta lol. 

0 Likes

the only crash I got was on launch day and was only in the lobby and they very quickly fixed it the next day and I never crashed once. Proves that EA and Respawn are a bunch of window lickers that don’t know their a  ss from a hole in the ground. It’s so sad. But it’s on the TRELLO BOARD WOWWWW now another 2 months to fix it I’ll bet. lol 

Yeah imagine they just posted it to the trello board to acknowledge and then never fix it, tell me why I could already tell that is something they would do lol. Well hopefully they manage to fix before or in the next season. 

0 Likes

Yeah for sure many issues are core = engine related.

On some random stream I heard Apex pro say something like "...sound issues will never be "fixed" because it is just how the engine works and it is not quite suited for BR game..." I assume related to the fact that Unreal initially was FPS game 1v1 type of game not open map BR game, so it struggles with stuff that comes with open map.

Maybe one day Respawn will scrap Apex and we will get into something like Titan fall 2 or 3 or 10 or some other mode of already existing game just based on the new "platform" without current bugs. Or it will be mobile pay to play era like Diablo

dgknoztrk
Journeyman III

Hi Guys, i have the same issue here, i've tried everything.. should i return my 6700XT and get Nvidia?

im not hating on radeon and amd but if its not too difficult to return the card, and you dont want to wait for a "fix" without any real ETA for the fix then to be honest the answer is yes.

Consumers always vote with their wallets and in many cases underestimate their power. It's not like there is just 1 provider of the product or even the product is not a necessity = we have real power to make companies move their asses not just enjoy bloated pricing due to crypto bubble and scalping.

0 Likes
Dynorton
Journeyman III

It's been over 2 months without any fixes from respawn and on the official forums (EA Ignores Answers) they are completely silent and won't respond on purpose. Maybe in a year or two they'll acknowledge the issue and maybe in a another year they'll finally fix it.

What a pathetic and incompetent company.

0 Likes
littlenezt
Adept III

there are 108mb updates on steam, anyone tested it yet?

I wonder if that fixed anything, although it still shows investigating on their trello for the crashes, so don't have too high hopes! 

0 Likes
Illutam
Adept I

Trello is showing "recently resolved issue" now, I haven't tried tho 

i had a crash in like 10 min ago , so i dont think they applied the patch yet 

0 Likes