cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Mellow_
Adept I

Weird display bug with brand new XFX RX 6700 XT GPU

I purchased the RX 6700 XT from XFX a couple of days ago. I had previously owned the RX 570 from MSI and before installing my new GPU I made sure to uninstall all the previous AMD drivers using DDU. Everything was going well when I installed my new GPU and downloaded the latest drivers. That was until I booted up Read Dead Redemption 2 and noticed a weird display bug. My screen began flickering to rainbow static/snow for a brief moment then returning to normal then repeating this process for about a minute or two then finally ceasing. I tried this with other games like CSGO, League, etc... and this bug has occurred every time I boot up a game and being prompted to the loading screen. After the bug would stop I was able to play the game smoothly without any issues. I have tried wiping the drivers and reinstalling them again with DDU and even trying older versions of the AMD drivers but nothing has worked. I had suspected that it was HDMI cable (I believe it was an old 1.4) to blame so I purchased a new 2.1 HDMI cable today and connected it but the issue still persists. I don't think my monitor is to blame for this problem since I purchased it 2 years ago (Samsung S24F350). I am really looking for answers to fix this problem so anything helps. Thanks <3.

video of the display bughttps://youtu.be/M7bGwLWw7qs

system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700 @3.2ghz

GPU: XFX Speedster QICK319 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT | 12GB VRAM GDDR6

PSU: Thermaltake Smart 600w 80+ White certified

MB: ASUS B450 Prime Plus

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x8 16GB 3000mhz

0 Likes
1 Solution
Mellow_
Adept I

UPDATE [FIXED]:

Alright so the reason why this display bug was occurring is that this had something to do with having AMD's FreeSync Ultimate Engine enabled. Once I switched the FreeSync setting to Standard Engine on my monitor settings, this display issue went away.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Suspect PSU issue , many older 600W TT models were only 500W on the 12V rail (output on that rail is important for the new Gen, cards) ?

These new gen (amd/nv) cards are not like older gen. where you could get away with using a lower power psu. 

The card makers now have Minimum required wattage posted in their specs, if you plan on overclocking go higher.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I've actually been thinking about that being the cause of this issue. Going to take a look at some PSUs that are of higher quality. Thanks bud.

0 Likes
Mellow_
Adept I

UPDATE [FIXED]:

Alright so the reason why this display bug was occurring is that this had something to do with having AMD's FreeSync Ultimate Engine enabled. Once I switched the FreeSync setting to Standard Engine on my monitor settings, this display issue went away.

0 Likes