cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Yqsin
Adept I

Wattman error

Hello I have an rx5500 xt 8gb video card but when I enter the game, suddenly the computer restarts itself and I get a warning that your wattman settings have been restored what is the solution

12 Replies
Weber462
Challenger

first question, Is it stock? are you running an OC or UV?

0 Likes

i use stock and have never used the others

0 Likes
Yqsin
Adept I

i use stock and have never used the others

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Post computer specs: CPU, GPU, PSU, Motherboard, storage, RAM, cooler, etc.

Wattman is not causing your computer to "restart" all of the time. That sounds like either a power issue or cooling issue.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes

More commonly referred to as black screening. I'm also having a black screening issue while playing games which I have posted about, but I am pretty sure it does not have to do with power/cooling. I've noticed a Wattman message every now and then pop up after a crash so this post caught my attention. Don't know if his issue may be related to mine.

0 Likes

it happens to me in high-graphics games, is it the same for you?

0 Likes

Yeah, I've been trying to play the new MWII and I can't play over 2 minutes without it restarting. It doesn't happen if I don't play any games.

0 Likes

I have the same problem for a week 6900xt

0 Likes

my video card RX5500 XT 8GB, ram 16gb 3200mhz, power supply 650w, processor amd ryzen 5 3500x, motherboard b450m, air-cooled system

0 Likes

If it is happening in high graphics games it acts like a heat issue. You need to monitor the CPU and GPU temps. The RX5500 XT is not a power house GPU. If this is crammed into a mini case and your using air cooling, one or more components are exceeding heat limits and causing the crashes. Air cooling under heavy loads requires a lot of air flow pulling cool air in and exhausting hot air. For that reason I use large mid tower cases with as many fans as I can get in them. One more thing. If your using a stock cooler on your CPU, which is a Wraith Stealth on the Ryzen 5 series, I would suspect it as the culprit.

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Have you run a stress test on the GPU?

If not, open Adrenalin app, select the Home, then select Performance, then select tuning. You should see the stress test in the upper right hand corner. I would start there and run the test for about 3 minutes and see what the results are. I prefer to use the Unigine Superposition Benchmark. It will give you constant readings on temp, FPS, etc. and it is very demanding. Both should let you know if it is the GPU.

Another option would be to remove the case covers completely and run the game it crashes on. If it doesn't crash or at least crash as quickly, you'll know it is a heat issue.

0 Likes

hepsini denedim, aynı bardağı taksam bile, çıkarsam bile aynı hızda kapanıyor
0 Likes