cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

WATCH DOGS 2 UNPLAYABLE WITH RADEON 5700XT RED DEVIL

hi i have Radeon 5700xt Red Devil
watch dogs 2 unplayable, massive stuttering and driver error. how to solve it? this is my first radeon before this was nvidia. I’m already sorry about this decision! I will return to the green camp. I just want me to run the game and it works! All components in my pc are in stock. I am not very happy, what the hell should I solve problems for my money? I’m not a free beta tester!
I have a clean freshly installed win 10 64
I tried to remove the drivers and install them again with DDU, it does not help.
It seems that the Radeon has nothing good but a beautiful view.

46 Replies
maile918
Journeyman III

Hello Goodafternoon, I would more than happy to find out this information for you as i will be in AMD headquarters training and ,I will see if this is a common issue and if or when they will have a fix.

0 Likes
sirius2145
Adept I

Which resolution are you using? 

0 Likes

1920x1080

0 Likes

There is a problems with my 5700XT and drivers 19.9.2 

In all games which I play with 1080p resolution + 144Hz 

The game do not shown in whole screen , but only partly in the corner other part of screen remains black.

When I lowering Monitor refreshrate to 60 Hz problem gone and I can see all game normaly as usual.

With drivers 19.7.5 I do not have problems.

did not help for me, still massive stuttering and FPS drop. I tried vsr 1440p did not help. I set the pixel value to 150 in the game settings menu, it did not help.

0 Likes

What you mean vsr?

Did you tryed to turn of Enchanced sync? Which drivers are you using? 

0 Likes

You advised me to use 2560x1440. I don’t have such a monitor so I used the virtual super resolution amd. yes Enchanced sync off
driver 19.9.2

0 Likes

Try drivers 19.7.5

No Virtual resolution will not help, only if you have real 1440p monitor will resolve most problems with 1080p. 

0 Likes

not help for me

0 Likes

Only wiht 1 game or with all games?

Tryed 19.7.5 ?

0 Likes

yes yes

0 Likes

Yes in all games or in 1 game?

0 Likes

0 Likes

If you have 16GB RAM, 16GB of RAM is not enough for you. Close applications running in background.

0 Likes

with nvidia was enough but with amd not?) the most useless advice I've heard.

0 Likes

nVidia is superior with DX11 API. So nVidia has better shader cache usage. This game has usage of instant shader cache. There's something about your system. The problem looks like this: An application running in the background is pushing the system.

0 Likes

Nvidia seems to be better in everything. all unnecessary is disabled. judging by the sensors, less than 9 gigabytes of memory are used.

0 Likes

nVidia performance advantage is evident with DX11 API. You don't have trouble with others APIs. AMD is a bit superior with Vulkan and DX12 APIs. To resolve the issue, create a profile for WatchDogs2.exe file with Radeon Settings software. Enable Shader Cache...

0 Likes

Did you done clean Windows install? 

0 Likes

to hell with it, thank you all for the advice, even though they were useless. I'm too old to do AMD work. I’m returning to the green camp, I hope there is an idiot who will buy from me this useless piece of textite.

0 Likes

You giving up too early my friend. 

I just sold my rtx 2060 in favor of Red Devil 5700XT and I do not have anybig issues so far with drivers 19.9.2.

All I done is lowered DRAM fclock from 3466 to 3400.

Check your system settings. RAM and CPU clocks mostly. 

0 Likes

I reset everything to default did not help, I also reduced the frequency of DRAM. from 3800 to 3200. 3200 is the default xmp profile.
My windows were only a couple of days old. Before installing the radeon, I removed all the NVIDIA drivers of the DDU first in normal mode and then in safe mode. then I turned off my pc and installed radeon.
the problem is only in WD2

0 Likes

Damn man.. If it is only with 1 game it is not a driver problems than. Hard to say, try to start it with Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

0 Likes

I've been using AMD Polaris RX 480 for 3 years and I've had a similar problem for this game. In short, I want to share that. There are bottleneck issues for a few PC games to this date with AMD drivers. This game is not one of them. So there is no AMD driver problem with this game. So it is normal that you are playing the game without instant freezes. An anti-virus program can cause this problem also Windows 10 CPU patches. (You may try Inspectre software.) If you don't have a problem with high temperature or high noise, you'll need to purchase a RTX 2080 or higher for a logical change.

0 Likes
curse127
Adept III

Common problem. This is due to an unreasonable drop in GPU frequencies. That is why friezes appear.
At the moment, radeon does not work well with games on Cryengine.
I checked Crysis2, Crysis3, Prey (2017) and kingdom come.
Everywhere the same problem as in this thread.

However, the graphics card works great with Apex, dota2, PUBG, Tomb Raider, Control.

I don’t think that the problem is in my video card.
I tried drivers 19.7.5, 19.8.2, 19.9.2.

0 Likes

It seems to only affect some people. My 5700 works fine with Crysis 2, and every other game.

0 Likes

I made a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0oz669WKfI&feature=youtu.be

I think the problem applies to watch dogs 2, and other games with this.

I have 2600x(stock), 16gb 3333(cl16)(aida64 latency 66), rx5700 sapphire pulse.

0 Likes
thyrion_
Adept I

I have the same problem in some games :  bad GPU usage with no reason. There is something wrong with the drivers and some systems.

For me, Borderland 3 is unplayable in dx11, I can set low setting or ultra : same FPS, and in low can have drops to 50 FPS with 20% GPU usage... With DX12 the card works fine (except that the game itself is buggy and super long to load in dx12..).

I made a video where you can see the problem : 5700 XT with low fps low gpu usage in Borderland 3 - YouTube 

The funny thing is that with my 4 years old R9 Fury and the same system, i had better FPS in dx11, no drop, great min FPS.....

Games that work fines : Borderland 3 dx12, Call of Duty MW (2019), Metro Exodus, Gears of war 5, (3D mark)

Games with bad GPU usage, low fps drops : Team Fortress 2, BF5, Borderland 3 dx11, (OCCT GPU Test)

The card was released the 07/07/19, it's nearly 3 months after the launch, even if they fix this i don't think that i'll buy an AMD card again, 3 months, that's crazy.

0 Likes

Wach dogs 2 Much less stuttering and FPS drops - YouTube 
It looks like WD2 has stuttering problems in both camps, but in green there are much less stuttering and FPS drops. I stay in a green camp. I want to play games and not solve AMD problems while racking my brains. Thanks to all.

0 Likes

You prefer what you want. But you need to get a quality SSD (M2) for gaming. Without a quality SSD, even more powerful systems have problems for gaming.

0 Likes

Ssd does not solve the problem for Radeon, I did it. I installed the game on the SSD Samsung 970 evo plus.

0 Likes

I am using 4700-CPU (8600K) and 1266-GPU (RX 480) and I do not have any problem with WD2. This problem is not driver-induced. There is something that affects system performance.

0 Likes

This video doesn’t mean anything. It uses an outdated graphics card.

0 Likes

If there was a driver-related problem with WD2, I would be negatively affected. So you're thinking wrong. Also I am using 19.9.2 driver like OP... This issue has nothing to do with nVidia or AMD. Is different...

0 Likes

I want to remind you. That navi architecture is not the next rebranding of polaris architecture.
Here is the video 5700 + intel

RX 5700 жутко тормозит в Watch dogs 2 - YouTube 

old driver 19.8.1 behaves the same and 19.9.2.

I personally checked

0 Likes

You must try 19.7.5 drivers, but as we speaked before you have problem only in 1 game and most probably it is not a driver or GPU fault. 

0 Likes

that's the problem radeon 5700 series

0 Likes

Turn off CPU patches with Ispectre and turn off anti-virus for testing. Something might be pushing the processor. Also, I didn't share a video for discussion. I shared maybe it would help.

0 Likes

Pay attention to the loading of GPU and frequency in 2070 super. Are perfect.
And at the radeon they constantly jump. The problem definitely has a place to be.

0 Likes