Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Tricczyy
Adept II

Warzone stuttering with 6900 XT

Hey everyone!

I've got this problem (which I can see in this forum that a lot of others are also dealing with) with stuttering in COD Warzone.
These are my specs:

Ryzen 9 5900x
MSI x570 Tomahawk
XFX Speedster Merc 6900 XT 16GB Black V2
32GB 3600mhz CL 14 ram
2x1TB m.2 drives
850W Corsair power supply.

I'm playing on 1440p 240hz monitor.

When I got the card I wasn't experiencing as much stuttering as I am now. This only happens when I play the big map Caldera. It's especially noticeable in the beginnings of every match.
I usually get above 200-230 FPS in most areas of the map, but some I get 170 (Fields). The stuttering really kills the enjoyment of the game. I've read and heard from several other people that they are experiencing the same issues. Is this just an AMD problem or is it the games fault. I've played other games that doesn't have this issue.

I've tried both overclocking and underclocking. Underclocking helped a little bit, but didn't get rid of the issue.
I've done a fresh install of windows and tried older GPU drivers (using DDU)
I've tried disabling SAM to see if that was the cause, but no.
I've tried changing the values in the game files like the Renderworkercount and the Videomemoryscale. That does help boost my general FPS, but it doesn't get rid of the stuttering. Currently I am using: Renderworkercount = 6 and Videomemoryscale = 1.2. I've tried lowering the VMS, but that only made the stuttering worse in some cases.
I've tried increasing the render resolution in-game from 100 to 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 and so on to see if that helped. I've read that it has solved it for others, but in my case I only get a lower FPS and keep stuttering.
I can't even list all the things I've tried changing to get this solved...

Please AMD, get this sorted. This might be the last AMD card I'm ever going to buy. I've never spent this much time trying to solve such a stupid issue with any other GPU.

458 Replies
mike-p
Adept III

did someone try

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.10.1 ?

0 Likes
koopachaloopa
Journeyman III

I've noticed this on Assasins Creed and Horizon Zero Dawn. It fixes by just alt tabbing to windows. But it is jarring to see high fps yet acting like its doing 15fps. 

0 Likes
abouzayoussef
Journeyman III

So I've now downloaded the new driver and was really hoping that it would fix the problem in warzone, but unfortunately I was happy too early and still the same stuttering. I've really had enough!

0 Likes
Pokygi
Adept II

There is another issue with full screen mode;
Basically, when I decide to go from the game to the desktop (With it running in the background), with the full screen mode, the game crashes after 15/20 seconds or a little more or less. The curious thing is that it doesn't just happen on Warzone, it also happens in Vanguard and, from what I remember, it also happened in the MW2 beta. Trying to change the mode from full screen to full screen bordless or any other, the problem doesn't occur and the game doesn't crash. I have tried to see with other games, as, it could be a hardware problem, however, with for example Overwatch 2, Fortnite, Apex Legends, League of Legends, it doesn't happen. I also tried to run stability tests, such as MemTest86 for RAM, completing the test with 0 errors for a total of 4 and a half hours. I have been trying to test the CPU with OCCT in various loads, very light, light and medium for some time, also trying Prime95 for 2.5 hours, 0 errors. Lastly, I tested the GPU with Superposition, Heaven and TimeSpy, with standard and normal scores with no crashes or artifacts.

0 Likes

And all of this tells you: it is not the driver nor the gfx card - but the game it self and the code behind. Amazing that so many people keep blaming AMD and their drivers. It is soo obvious that this is game engine that has problems !

0 Likes

I have never complained about AMD's drivers, if you notice well. I have always limited myself to reporting issues that I am experiencing with the game and precisely with this engine, which seems to be little tested with AMD hardware. Unfortunately, it is somewhat frustrating to see that things do not improve, because, in fact, these issues don't depend on the user who limits himself to buying only the hardware expecting zero problems and, if there were any problems, the expectation should be that they would be solved in no long time. For me, Caldera has been unplayable in terms of competitiveness and fun ever since it came out and, in addition, there are other issues with the engine that have not yet been resolved, such as the ones I listed above. Unfortunately, this franchise is sponsored with the amd competitor and it is natural that they mainly develop and test the game with this brand, as it also represents the vast majority of users who own it.

0 Likes
Sontir_Fel
Journeyman III

15161_screenshot_20200622_120437_com_android_chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not try 0.55 I will test it but lowering value to 0.7 did fix freezing for me. But I didnt like idea to lower vram use after all I did pay for it.....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I played warzone yesterday and didnt notice stuttering on calder clash tdm mode.

0 Likes
JammerAUS
Journeyman III

Hi guys,

Just thought I would chime in on this since I have been battling stuttering and game crashes since I have switched to a 6900XT from a RTX3080. Funnily enough, my issues are Windows 11 specific. On windows 10 the game runs smooth as silk. System specs are 13900K (previously on a 12900K) and Powercolor Red Devil 6900XT.

What has fixed my stuttering and crashing issues is setting VideoMemoryScale to 0.8 in the adv_options.ini file. RendererWorkerCount setting makes no noticeable difference.

Anyone having stuttering/crashing issues, can you please chime in on your OS version?

0 Likes
mike-p
Adept III

Any news? Someone tried the lastest optional driver?

Mw2 campain works fine without stutters 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

short freezing on all maps is gone and even stuttering on caldera is  gone.

I have great time with warzone after 9 months since I got 6700xt and assembled my pc. It was big shock for me because I did give 1100 euros for 6700xt strix and expected to play warzone without problems.

No update from amd and developers. So I went in game to test it again before few days and it was big suprise its all great now at least for me.

Did warzone developers and amd done something to fix our problems? Maybe I done something, Im not sure.

cod mw2 beta did work good.

Warzone 2 will be big thing and I hope there will be no problems.

I still have one small problem that will occur in warzone and apex maybe more fps games. ground and objects vibrating left-right. I think high fps or limiting fps can cause it but I could be wrong.

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

have you tried a different RAM timing? That's what seemed to fix my COD crashing issues. It wasn't even my GPU.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes
boogey890
Adept I

July 2023 this is still not fixed

The next time someone says that nowadays amd drivers are on the same level of Nvidia I'll point them to this thread

One of the most popular games worldwide and amd can't work with Activision to figure this out. 

Hard to ditch Nvidia when this happens, I'm at a point of returning my 6700xt and getting a 4060ti... It's honestly embarrassing for me having to give money to Nvidia for that crap, but here we are

Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is, intel and nvidia are not a company and dont make anything and dont exist.

They take your real computer and splinter bits of it to the cheapest fakest not computer parts.. and spam a bunch of stuff thats cheap as a pack of spaghetti and dont even have real 1970's AMD HEVC hardware decoding encoding and fake it with **bleep**ty x265 software fake bull**bleep**. They turn off all your hardware and software and disable it and dial it down then pretend its new technology and SELL IT TO YOU for piles of money. Remember cheap hardware RAID and countless different RAID software solutions? or cheap or free compression software and options? even just things like open source code editors and text editors that used to have like a dozen to 50 or so in EVERY single distro of linux pre loaded out of the box.. now you pay a pile of money for a custom skin over a modified and probably **bleep**tier EMACs text editor if you dont want to use **bleep**ty default notepad or wordpad. its all fake not computers not hardwares fault. But the thing in particular causing your stuttery ness is definitely Vsync and enhanced sync and buffering and caching or a modified display output or resoution SCALING issue. I suggest you set resolution scaling to 100% and 1.0 in all games and apps and windows OS display settings. Then lower the resolution to 1080p which = 720p i've youve a vertically cut in half ULTRA WIDE LOAD of monitor. Forget their open source pretend **bleep** and premium price RAID SKELETON keys for RAID software to stop you from having a computer that works, Without the scsi RAID hardware controller not only USB and HDMI and SSD and NVME or CPU cores and RAM will NOT FUNCTION well at all and be trillions of times slower and use like single core everything **bleep**ty garbage.. you wont have security or redundancy or reliability and PARITY.. also their slow **bleep** then gets deleted and disabled and slowed down further stopping security and so your SSD and USB having countless mini raid cluster wafers and layers and 3D .. gets uhh divided and partitioned up into fake VM's and fake busybox dosbox webservers and computers so they make your PC into their bitch and you dont ever get to use it **bleep** those guys.. even your 3D Vcache and 3dnow from the 90's AMD computers is a premium sold back to you decades later coz of intel nvidia **bleep**s. You can software crank it back on with software and turn it up a notch.. but while the hardwares still almost non existence and not really 'multicore' without the hardware raid controller system like the controller chip for each SSD and RAM sticks IC thingies.. well you're straight up **bleep**ed. Here try my current config file. https://anonfiles.com/1dE26e16zf/AMDHARDWARE_rar screw those intel nvidia guys which is impossibly worse trash garbage compared to true optics true light real photography game world universe with DNA RNA quality better than all displays and screens in realtime. a $5 viacom hardware HEVC 8k HDR video decoding chip in the cheapest of phones and tablets impossible for intel and nvidia **bleep**s. screw those guys.

0 Likes

@boogey890 wrote:

July 2023 this is still not fixed

The next time someone says that nowadays amd drivers are on the same level of Nvidia I'll point them to this thread

One of the most popular games worldwide and amd can't work with Activision to figure this out. 

Hard to ditch Nvidia when this happens, I'm at a point of returning my 6700xt and getting a 4060ti... It's honestly embarrassing for me having to give money to Nvidia for that crap, but here we are

If you had read this thread, you would've noticed that different people had their issues resolved in multiple other ways. For example easiest stuff is to NOT use Anti-Lag with Warzone? 

But yeah, sure, blame drivers... Not your hands trying to overoptimize stuff leading to additional issues. Not devs, as there were already a lot of mentions that only Caldera had such issues, meaning issue is on Activision side anyways, as other maps were fine. 

MOREOVER! You are ONLY ONE who wrote in this thread within last HALF OF A YEAR! That's right since december of 2022 noone wrote there since. And it is your first message in this thread as well. Feels like throwing **bleep** on the fan for the sake of such. Proofs in studio pls. 

P.S. Don't get me wrong, Nvidia definitely have better drivers... Most of the times... But AMD ones aren't that bad for sure. And issues are definitely resolving with time, even if slowly. 

0 Likes

Thread with almost 500 posts, singles me out, LMFAO can't make this stuff up, maybe this hasnt been replied lately because Caldera is almost dead and most people moved to warzone 2 that guess what it has problems on amd too. But I guess that's just me too... 

0 Likes
s4l4mander
Adept I

Having stutters as well with a 6700xt on Valorant.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only problem I have is random pc freeze since 22.11.2 with 6700xt.

Warzone 2 working great.

0 Likes