cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

MeKLiN
Journeyman III

Re: Warzone stuttering with 6900 XT

matt i think there are issues with the hwpolicy as well as mmcss services on win10, as the functionality of a ryzen cpu, combined with high speed ram, seems to be random as far as crashing goes. renaming the whealogr.dll file to whealogr.dl fixes some stuff...

0 Likes
crystalyser
Adept II

Ehm.... no.... no? NO! & NO!!!!!!!!!!!!   
It's not just bad Engineering of amd.... also all the horrible update from windows  and bad coded game-engines
witch can trigger whea's to easy on and all day long at some special hw architecutres

Its a bad combination of  AMD Drivers, all the basic changes of Windows the last yeas on the way to Windows11 and the xxx quality of  the warzone engine... (also pubg)
i already do so much post's since may 2020 in... twenty.. or more different support forums of HW/SW companys

MSI, ASUS,Corsai, Kingston,Crucial, Samsung, Asrock, Microsoft, EA, Activision + + + +

Because until begin of this May, when  the last "new" part of my gamingsystem arrived (x570 board, new ram, new cpu&gpu,
i never finished just 1 **** match Warzone without a Game or System crash 🤮

within 2 years step by step every thing in my system got changed minimum one time
B350 Gigabye, B450 MSi, B450 ASrock, now X570 MSI
Ryzen 3400G, 2700, 3600 now 5800X
AMd APU 3400G, RX590 Fatboy, RTX 2060 Super (from a friend to test with nvidia), RX 5700 XT thicc 3 ultra, now RX 6800 Pulse
DDR4 2666, 3200 (4 different brands), 3600
Sata SSD, M.2 SSD, M.2 nvme (gen 3/gen 4)
themaltec psu, be quiet psu, corsair psu
Windows 10 Pro in every version possible (not with newest system), Windows11 (until MSI b450 GPM, 5700xt, R3600)

i wasted every 2-3 months minimum a weekend try'n to run this **** game --> also the whole time problems with Pubg (also a
terrible piece of code witch wasting performce and get more bugs the features)

The new May whql GPU driver  of AMD , needed some time to re setup a lot of things on my system, but the stability is nearby perfect and the performance is GODLIKE.
if the agesa 1.2.0.7 realy fixes the soundstuttering on my system everything runs 100%     for the first time since 2 years ^^

R7_5800X 5050mhz 1.323v; Corsair H100x_240mm; 32gb Corsair Veng. Pro SL 3666mhz_CL18_1.36v;
Sapphire RX6800 Pulse (XFX 5700xt thicc III); Asus Xonar AE; 970 Evo Plus nvme
0 Likes
Trickle2x2
Adept III

“Knock on wood” I don’t experience any crashing with warzone. I did on my old rig r5 3600 and 3060ti but it wasn’t just warzone the pc itself had a whea error issue. “I think it was either mobo or ram”. Cod runs great just warzone caldera is the issue for me. Just running it on 150% render res until a fix.

JamesZimmerman
Adept I

Ive been dealing with this issue also except I play mw 2019 which is on the same engine. 5950x asrock 6900xt. I've come to a conclusion ftpm is causing mine on windows 10 so i disabled it. Also make sure smart access memory is disabled. Also what gets rid of the stuttering is playing on full screen border less.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
aditrex
Adept II

this will never be fixed amd radeon group never again for sure

dirtyoliver
Adept I

At least they are acknowledging the problem in the new driver patch notes..

Known Issues

• Stuttering may be experienced while playing Call of Duty®: Warzone™ on the Caldera map with some AMD Graphics Products such as the Radeon® RX 6900 XT Graphics.
Trickle2x2
Adept III

They should probably note also that changing cod vram usage to .55 instead of the default .85 is beneficial across the board for all the cods besides just warzone. Some maps on vanguard I had slight bit of stutter, but changing that setting in the advanced options seemed to have fixed it. Again wish for the money that we paid for these cards we wouldn’t have to trouble shoot like this and change these things around. Coming from nvidia side which was pretty much just plug and go this can be a bit frustrating and I can see how it could possibly driver customers away.

0 Likes
meninoadulto
Journeyman III

I understand you, i'm really tired, frustrated. I even had a 10900K / RTX 3070 in my hands, returned it after seeing the benchmarks and I switched to a 5900X + 6900XT. Worst decision i made. Today an RTX 3080 will arrive that i bought because i can't take it anymore. If i could i would love to have my money back, i'm Brazilian and it's not as easy for us as it is for you. It was supposed to be a dream come true for me. The RTX 3080 will fix my problem in Caldera, I tested with a GTX1660 Super + 5900X and all problems are gone. GTA IV worked much better, CS:GO improved, Call of Duty 2 now works in DX9. It simply loses image in DX9 and you are forced to use DX7 on 6900XT. Call of duty 1 was unplayable when turning on dynamic light. PUBG much more fluid, these are the games i've been tested. The only thing missing now that i got the 3080 is to fix the stuttering on Windows, i'm considering getting at least a 11600k until these issues are resolved. Sorry for the text but i needed to share my experience with you guys. I really want to cry.

5900X
NZXT X73
ASUS X570 CROSSHAIR HERO VIII (WIFI)
ASUS RX 6900XT TUF (TESTED WITH ALL DRIVERS SINCE 1 YEAR AGO)
4X8GB GSKILL 3200MHZ C14 / 2X8GB TESTED TOO.
NVME SAMSUNG 980 PRO 250GB
SSD TEAM GROUP 1TB
CORSAIR HX850

W10 LAST BIULD.

SanYo
Journeyman III

I have the same with my 6800xt, even tried everything. No solution to be found. It played better on my 1080. Hope for a fix soon.

0 Likes
aditrex
Adept II

dont get ur hopes becouse this is since caldera has come out im early owner of 6800xt and the problem never got fixed on my system it was all fine in old map verdansk but caldera no go

0 Likes