cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Koyote7667
Challenger

Warzone 2 Hitching and Black Flashes / Artifacts with 23.2.1 Driver

Jesus, This has went straight to hell, and fast. On warzone 2, I get wicked hitching, black flashes, some odd looking colored lines. I open a chest in game, and its in slow motion. Its bad. Hell, even in the benchmark,  I see skipping,. black flashes and the like.  I drop over 100 fps here and there. 240 (i lock it there for my monitor) in the plane,.. jump, and it drops to around 100 ???? In game, around the map, im a good 50 fps from where I've been for weeks.  Before this, all was fine. Killer frames in game, no issues. Also, I have no over lay in Adrenaline??? No hot key, and its not even available where it usually was. Under performance, in metrics, right side by "TRACKING"  What the hell am i doing wrong here? All i did was update the thing asked me to do. 

7950x/7900xt/ddr5-6000/Season titan 1000 psu/Asus Rog e670e-e 

Everything was great, until now. I'm lost what is going on. This rig was pulling more fps than my 4090 rig. Now it hitches (warzone 2) like no other. GPU temps are basically the same, great in game and everywhere else. Something is big time wrong here. Am i the only one?

As alwyas,...Thanks in advance for your time. 
KB

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

2700x-6700xt warzone 2 working great with  driver v22.10.2

I did see map textures flashing black in start of match and freezing during cutscenes but I didnt notice that last time I played.

0 Likes
jsk68
Challenger

Maybe try reinstalling the new drivers and check the factory reset.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

well new parts....

before year I got 6700xt and I expected all to work perfect but horizon zerodawn was crashing now after one year I did try game again and it works.

0 Likes
Koyote7667
Challenger

For me, after the 23.2.1 update, my OC on my cpu (7950x) was doing all the hitching, and stuttering. I went back to OEM/Out of the box settings, and all my issues, with this game, went away.  (I should have responded to this, forgive me)

My FPS is now up/or same. No hitching, stuttering, nothing. Seems my negative offset on the cpu, and undervolt (while it ran on cinebench, furmark and such) just was NOT happy on this game.  For me, my rig and gaming experience is super good.  Super good.  Im a bit over any type of OCing, or the like anymore. It seems like the gear, out of the box, is tuned at the top tier, and , tuned to run everything OK, and while some dicking around, can net SOME increase of performance (none ill actually see just gaming and looking at my bank account or p0rn or what have you) , I am just going to let my gear run. This was my issue, and your issue may vary. 

0 Likes