Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jatt
Adept I

wanna buy new gpu but few questions AMD gpu 6800xt gsync/freesync

i wanna buy new gpu i got 1080ti,  i paly on 1080p moniter

am thinking about buy maybe 3080 or 6800xt but i got gsync moniter PG248Q

if i buy amd gpu so amd works with gsync moniter ?

is my moniter can handle freesync ?

i got amd 3800x chip x570 mb

whats upcoming new gpu from amd ?

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you never use adaptive sync, then it doesn't matter which brand of card you get.

Both the 3080 and 6800 XT will be a sizable upgrade from a 1080 Ti, though at your low resolution, many games (especially older ones) will already be at your monitor's maximum refresh rate with the 1080 Ti.  Whether or not you consider the upgrade worth it depends on what games you'll be playing and how much money you have to spend to get either card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

That monitor appears to only support the proprietary G-SYNC, not the standard VESA adaptive sync, so it will not allow variable refresh with an AMD card.

0 Likes

I never use gsync in games so worth buying and ot not ???,

0 Likes

If you never use adaptive sync, then it doesn't matter which brand of card you get.

Both the 3080 and 6800 XT will be a sizable upgrade from a 1080 Ti, though at your low resolution, many games (especially older ones) will already be at your monitor's maximum refresh rate with the 1080 Ti.  Whether or not you consider the upgrade worth it depends on what games you'll be playing and how much money you have to spend to get either card.

0 Likes