Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sonneberg
Adept I

W5500 not booting with 5k widescreen monitor

Hello everyone, me again.

After making the W5500 work with my Lenovo T340 and an ordinary 27" monitor running at 1920 x 1080 I encountered another problem.

I wanted to use a different monitor (LG 34WK95U) and my PC wont boot again, when running 5K resolution. I tried a 4K DP to HDMI cable and it works, but (of course) screen ratio is only 4K then. It also works when changing to "Picture in Picture" mode on my monitor where it only uses the half of the screen.

Specs for the W5500 state that it's possible to run 4 x 5K monitors. So is there anything I can do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Dude, I was just testing to see if the PC will boot when it's connected another way. I was trying to narrow down the error. As I said before: it wasn't booting when the PC was connected from graphics card to the 5K monitor using the DP to DP 5K cable (version 1.4)

Nevermind, I made it work using the following workaround:

Port 1: Display Port to HDMI (4K) connected to the LG 5K Display
Port 2: Display Port to Display Port (5K) connected to the LG 5K Display.
It's using port 1 during boot and port 2 once windows is launched.
Happy with the solution. Works flawless.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

AMD Moderator for Professional GPUs @fsadough 

Here is AMD W5500 PDF Specs:

Screenshot 2022-02-27 093811.png

It can run 2- 5k Monitors @60Hz.

0 Likes

Yeah, so it should work with a 5K monitor at 60Hz. Which it does, but only if the monitor is unplugged during startup.

0 Likes

Tested the following setting:

27" display on port 1 of graphics card and 34" 5K display on port 2.

Works. I'm getting more and more confused.

0 Likes
fsadough

1. Why on earth are you using a 4K DP-HDMI cable on a LG 34WK95U to achieve 5K resolution?
  2. Your monitor has a DP input.
  3. The spec of your monitor clearly states that you get only 4K when using HDMI input

Please use a straight DP-DP 1.4 cable

Dude, I was just testing to see if the PC will boot when it's connected another way. I was trying to narrow down the error. As I said before: it wasn't booting when the PC was connected from graphics card to the 5K monitor using the DP to DP 5K cable (version 1.4)

Nevermind, I made it work using the following workaround:

Port 1: Display Port to HDMI (4K) connected to the LG 5K Display
Port 2: Display Port to Display Port (5K) connected to the LG 5K Display.
It's using port 1 during boot and port 2 once windows is launched.
Happy with the solution. Works flawless.