Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

visceralmonkey
Adept I

Re: VSR does not activate for AV reciever after 16.3 upgrade

Jump to solution

I just gave up. I love AMD, have two Fury X's and could not find nor get a response to this. I used VSR heavily and it hasn't been working for months. Found a buyer for the 2 Fury X's and just plopped money down on a GTX 1080. I hate having to do this, with a passion, but I need my hardware to work.

0 Likes
rmtz
Adept I

Jump to solution

Worse and worse.

In 16.6.1, the option for VSR on the AVR is now completely disabled

0 Likes
mahoogan
Adept I

Jump to solution

I've been watching this thread hoping for a better outcome.  I'm currently running 7970 x-fire and used to run VSR fine, but now have the same problem.  If this isn't fixed soon, I'll switch to 1080 or 1070 and not wait for the comparable AMD offerings to make my comparison.

0 Likes
ser_renely
Adept I

Jump to solution

So this is still not fixed....what is going on AMD, can we get some sort of word on it?

0 Likes
rmtz
Adept I

Jump to solution

HURRAY!

The issue is fixed in the latest 16.7.3!

Took a long time, now just hoping it does not break again in future versions.

View solution in original post

ser_renely
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank god....that was beyond crazy, lol.  Wonder what the issue with it was?

0 Likes
johnniedoo
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have a 480 MSI 8gb Gaming X with an AMD FX8530 both new on a GA990FXA UD3 rev1,2

i am not able to get VSR to work. it isnt dim or seemingly disabled. however the screen doesnt change anymore from off to on toggle. I know it worked recently since the card is so new. I have windows10 x64 Pro and get updates at the whim of win 10 no matter what options to limit it

I really was on the fence this time I bought another AMD gpu. i nearly sprung for the gtx1070 but stayed with another amd, since the first hdmi 4670 i got, which still works for basic pctv hd in a linux box i built from spare parts

so , i like AMD products ,b ut the software is not working, again. have had issues from  the 5870/hdmi -AVR and its well known troubles and am hoping it is deja vu  and not a reality. But multiple reinstalls, clean, using DDU and Revo per instructions in just the past few weeks since  i upgraded from my Sapphire hd 7950 OC 3gb gpu.it works perfectly ,however, in my GA890FXA UD5 with ccc15.7 or 15.11 i forget .

I have an Onkyo tx sr608 avr with hdmi connections to an LG 42 ld550. and use the optical digital output for some audio through the board's ok dolby sound control , or was till win10 compatibility wrecked this too.still fair but another win10deprecated ,then patched poorly due to hue and cry maybe.

I am in a quandary as to responsibility in this as other issues over broken software features.

i do now know what the answer is, nor the exact etiology of my problem. I seriously wish that the best of CCC were returned, being color control and quality controls, though i rarely use them via avr but do in my other rooms with their computers . and i am new with VSR, and it grew on my fast.now i miss it in a few important (to me)circumstances.

Oh, i forgot, the task bar in win10 goes totally invisible when i try ti invoke the vsr, every time, another location to report this? the windows options are turned off where appropriate in this case.

0 Likes