Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nimshady
Journeyman III

Videos appearing darker than what I see when I play

Hi!

I've been using ReLive without any problems for at least a month and then about 2 days ago my videos suddenly started appearing very dark. I'm not sure why or how it changed as there are clips I've taken(while gaming) just a few hours apart where one is normal and the next is dark. 

So basically the video seems to be adding some sort of filter thereby making it darker than the actual colors in game(screenshots/video can be provided if needed ofc!). 

Any ideas what might be causing this and/or what settings I need to change? Been googling around the last few days and checked a bunch of different recording setting, color adjustments etc..

Thanks!

17 Replies

Go to settings -> Display

Check if Custom Color is on.

0 Likes

Custom color was not on. I did however turn off 'record desktop' and now the videos seems to be normal again, even though the videos were of in-game and not desktop

Please mark your last response as the correct answer. 

If you are ok with AMD data trawl of your PC please report it as a bug using the built in AMD Bug Reporting tool. 

Thanks.

0 Likes

Also check settings -> Video.

0 Likes
SRTDurango_01
Journeyman III

I know this is an older post, but I ran into the same issue and it was becuase I had turned on HDR.  Currently AMD does not have HDR support for saved clips. 

xytraz
Journeyman III

Thanks so much for this topic and the solution.

Inactive HDR for the display, and the recordings is as bright as you see ingame.

What was the solution? I also have this issue and am using HDR

0 Likes

This was the answer for me

0 Likes
hellsing
Journeyman III

i had HDR on for quiet sometime and it was working fine with all games and recordings! till someday mostly with updating the driver i started noticing that my recordings are darker for some odd reason 
however the 30 sec recording didn't work for me as well 
i tried reinstalling and HDR but nathin seems to work 

i really hope AMD can fix this and make recording videos in HDR possible ASAP caus i'm really enjoying playing on HDR

I also have this issue, did you find a fix for it?

0 Likes
noscalping
Adept II

I have the opposite issue. My videos are really bright. I also have HDR on. In game it doesn't look overbright as the video when I play it back. What's the deal AMD?

I have the opposite issue. My videos are really bright. I also have HDR on. In game it doesn't look overbright as the video when I play it back. What's the deal AMD?

Here's a video to illustrate. (ignore the over bright). Having HDR on records it like this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_dzjUyHcz4

0 Likes
DimkaTsv
Miniboss

For everyone who comes later with issue when recorded with ReLive videos are darker than original.

1) AMD Encoder does not support native HDR recording. (you can transcode videos with HDR metadata, but not capture HDR colorspaced screen)

2) You can get same issue on Windows 11 (at least... W10 should not have such problem in theory) even when you don't use HDR display. And this particular issue is caused by Windows 11 new addition. Go to "Parameters" -> "Display" -> "Extended display parameters"... Toggle you want is "Automatic color management for your applications". Disable it. Now you recordings should be fine and bright again. 

Thanks a lot, that was the only solution for me. 

0 Likes

i have the same issue... where is this "parameters". 

Go to "Parameters" -> "Display" -> "Extended display parameters"... Toggle you want is "Automatic color management for your applications". 

could you please explain how i can acess this?

0 Likes

Settings-> Display -> Advanced Display -> Automatically manage color for apps

fyi I was having the same issue and this fixed it.

0 Likes
Maddix
Journeyman III

The only solution that worked for me, was if you go to settings > display >advanced display settings.  There's a setting at the very bottom that says ((Automatically manage color for apps)). Make sure you switch that off, and it will fix the low brightness instant replay recordings. For some reason it was switched on maybe with the latest windows 11 update. Btw I'm doing this on windows 11, so I'm not sure about windows 10.

0 Likes

This worked!! thanks

0 Likes