cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

iklajff
Journeyman III

Video stutter with 2 Monitor Setup (Rx580) (Ryzen 5)

Desktop Pc

Graphics Chipset:

XFX Radeon RX 580 Series

Radeon Software Version:

Windows Version:

Windows 10 pro (64 bit)

CPU Type:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor

RAM:

16GB

PSU:

500 Watt be quiet! Pure Power 10 Non-Modular

Mainboard:

MSI B350M PRO-VDH

Bios Version:

E7A38AMS.AD0

Monitor 1

Samsung TV:

1920x1080

Hdmi

G.Refresh Rate (Hz):

Monitor 2

Acer G246HL:

1920x1080

Dvi

G.Refresh Rate (Hz):

I have the above Setup with 2 Monitors connected running them on duplicate. Monitor 2 is the Main Monitor, and everything is working fine when both are turned on.

But when i have just Monitor 2 running and Monitor 1 is turned off the video is freezing every few seconds for about a second. This happens regardless of what i am doing (even directly after booting on the desktop, with gpu- and cpu performance at 0-1%).

When i disconnect Monitor 1 of disable it in the software the problem disappears.

Monitor 1 running  with monitor 2 turned off is also working fine.

It's a new Pc, and the problems occured directly after connecting the second screen. I have updated all drivers, tried adapting the framerate and other options in the windows display settings and radeon software, but nothing helped so far.

The cables are working fine (i used them with a different Pc in and the same Monitor setup without any problems), and i'll try switching the connector types as soon as i get new cables.

Does anyone have the same problem, and know a fix, or other ideas that could fix this?

7 Replies
polobreak
Journeyman III

Yeah I have literally the exact same problem. The secondary monitor will stutter if the primary monitor is turned off. I have a tv monitor and pc monitor connected to my pc, it's pretty annoying since I have to reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv every time I want to use it otherwise my pc monitor will stutter with the tv screen that's turned off. I would also like to know how to fix this.

0 Likes

I now fixed it by using a Displayport to Hdmi Cable instead of Dvi.

0 Likes

Yeah I've tried using dp before but it didn't work for me.

0 Likes
abram_27
Journeyman III

Experiencing the same issue - problem occurs on either monitor when I shut off the other one.  I have an Intel i5 chip instead of a ryzen with Sapphire Pulse RX 580.

0 Likes

Apparently it's an issue from AMD's software update. Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.8.2 Release Notes | AMD Look at "known issues". Mine went away randomly when I unplugged all my monitors from the pc and re plugged it. Otherwise, maybe you can try unplugging the gpu from the motherboard and re-inserting. Or even reverting the AMD driver to an older version where it doesn't have this problem. Not sure how to do that though. AMD should fix this asap imo.

0 Likes

The best way to revert is use Display Driver Uninstaller. Just google it and follow directions.

I'm using 18.3.4 because of this "issue" and it works fine.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
0 Likes
urejt
Adept I

For nvidia gpu there is an easy fix:

nvidia control panel > desktop size and position > set scaling on all monitors to "GPU" instead of "monitor"

i wonder if there is similar fix for amd for the future of navi

0 Likes