cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ferrugembio
Journeyman III

video dxgkrnl fatal_error

Hello! Since the beginning of the year I have been facing this problem with the blue screen video dxgkrnl fatal_error. My notebook has two cards an intel HD 5500 and an AMD Radeon R7 M265. Windows 8.1 x64. When I enter games the AMD board starts to be used there is the problem, the blue screen happens. I spent a lot of time researching and already: I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the two video cards (several versions of AMD and DELL which is the brand of the note) The error basically happens in games where the AMD board is used. I saw that a fix was developed by microsoft to solve this specific problem, only that the file is no longer available for download. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2990029/stop-error-0x113-if-you-use-intel-and-amd-graphics-adapters-on-a-windo I would like a solution. Thank you very much in advance

1 Solution

If you changed drivers then return to one that worked. All available drivers are old as support ended form AMD for Windows 8.1 years ago at this point. 

In general for successful install you must have all Windows updates install. You must then install the latest Intel driver before the AMD driver, then you install the AMD driver.

You might want to update to Windows 10 if you want current support. I have no idea if your hardware is supported still or not though as you gave none of your system specs beyond the OS. 

If you do stick with your current os I would do what I said above and make sure the AMD driver you get is from your machines maker. Those drivers often are custom on laptops and the driver from AMD site will not have those customizations. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

If you changed drivers then return to one that worked. All available drivers are old as support ended form AMD for Windows 8.1 years ago at this point. 

In general for successful install you must have all Windows updates install. You must then install the latest Intel driver before the AMD driver, then you install the AMD driver.

You might want to update to Windows 10 if you want current support. I have no idea if your hardware is supported still or not though as you gave none of your system specs beyond the OS. 

If you do stick with your current os I would do what I said above and make sure the AMD driver you get is from your machines maker. Those drivers often are custom on laptops and the driver from AMD site will not have those customizations. 

0 Likes
ferrugembio
Journeyman III

Hello, I'm having problems since the beginning of the year with my graphics card dedicated to AMD R7 m265. I had windows 8.1 all installed at the factory including the drivers provided by Dell and during games I was giving a blue screen with the message VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR, and the card disappeared from the device manager, I tried everything, reinstalled drivers, updated the bios and nothing worked, i tried to install windows 10 and reinstalled the drivers and i still have the same problem but now the game screen freezes and the AMD R7 m265 card disappears from the device manager. The card only comes back if I check the manager for hardware changes.  Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Operating System Name Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041 System manufacturer Dell Inc. Inspiron 5548 system model X64-based PC system type 0643 System SKU Intel (R) Core (TM) Processor i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core (s), 4 Processor (s) BIOS version / date Dell Inc. A08, 29/01/2018 SMBIOS version 2.7 Embedded Controller Version 255.255 UEFI BIOS mode  Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB  Graphics: Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500 and AMD R7 m265     Thank you very much in advance
0 Likes