cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

baconn
Journeyman III

Video Card RX 460 GPU USAGE 0%-8% and then spikes to 100%

Good Morning people, today i'm here to complain about my card gpu usage, i don't know what's wrong, my drivers are up to date, i tried updating other stuff, changing the graphic's ingame, using fps configs but still my fps is pretty low mainly on games that i should get a very high fps with the pc that i have, for example, this happens a lot with CS:GO,

Left 4 Dead 2, Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Garry's Mod, Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG.

I really need a fix for this because well, i game a lot and i'm also an animator and video editor, so i need my tools to be smooth and without any crashes/freezes.

If anyone can help!

It seems that it spikes between 0%-8% or 99%-100% and sometimes BOTH.

Here is my configuration kings :

Radeon Software - 19.5.2
Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
GPU  - Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics
GPU MEMORY - 2048 MB
MEMO TYPE - GDDR5
Internal Clock - 1210 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)
RAM - 8 GB
CPU - AMD FX-8320E Eight-Core Processor

550W power supply

And a really good motherboard that handles my setup

AMD FORUM CONTENT. - YouTube 

0 Likes
7 Replies
baconn
Journeyman III

For some reason the information dissapears on the stream, so they appear on 0:02-0:019 0:50-1:13

0 Likes
brödrosten
Adept II

Hello and sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems. May I ask when did this happen? Is this a recent problem? Did it work before and if so how long and when? Have you recently changed any hardware? How is the CPU temp or motherboard temp(I am thinking about the VRM and South-bridge).

0 Likes

I always had problems with my pc, i bought all the pieces at trustable places in very good conditions, its been like, 4 years that i have those problems, and i upgraded a lot of things and its still happens, the isn't one single piece that i haven't repaired or bought another one, stuff related to energy are fine too.

The GPU and motherboard temps are around 40-55.

0 Likes

Alright so you have always had bad fps and such? Or is this a recent one?

0 Likes
baconn
Journeyman III

Always had bad fps or freezes

0 Likes

Alright, do you have another GPU that you used before installing this GPU? Did you clean up older drivers(if you had another gpu that is to say).

Do you have a friend who could borrow you a GPU just to install it into your system and run a few games to see if everything is "fine" and stable?

0 Likes
baconn
Journeyman III

I had another gpu, it was a geforce gt 9800 i think, something like that, the gpu that im using rn is actually a bit old and i reinstalled my entire system, that means, fresh, original windows and new drivers, even before i had clean drivers. I tried on a tech shop another gpu and it still was pretty bad but i don't know where the issue is because everything is fine, drivers up to date, game dvr disabled, ingame settings are good, my pc doesn't have dust, the temps are low and there's no damage on the parts, my power supply is ok and the place where i live is also ok.

I don't know what to do besides buying another pc but that will be really hard

0 Likes