cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

very strange no longer able to get 75hz.

Up until last week i had been using my Ryzen 2200g's integrated graphics.

I had my 4k tv hooked up via hdmi and my 75hz monitor hooked up using a dvi to hdmi cable as the mobo only had 1 hdmi and 1 dvi... so bought the dvi to hdmi cable to connect my monitor.

This week i got my rx580 and disabled the integrated.

Hooked the tv up with hdmi like before and got 4k.... then hooked my monitor up with the same cable to the rx580 dvi output... and all of a sudden cant get above 60hz ????

Same cable same method... only difference no longer the mobo/igpu but using the dgpu......

Just to make sure it wasnt the gfx card i hooked the monitor up to the rx580s hdmi output and got 75hz no problem.... but i need the hdmi for the 4k res on my tv.

Why would i no longer be able to get 75hz over the exact same cable on the rx580 that i did on the igpu for the 2200g ?

thanks

3 Replies

That is a very good question. I would run DDU and reinstall the same driver you know worked before. You install the driver for the 2200g this will install the driver for the RX580 as well. With an APU you always install the driver for the APU not for the discrete GPU.  See if that helps. 

0 Likes

did this like 20 times... same driver same software for both.

Just to clear up for me the integrated gfx part of the APU is disabled why would I be installing the driver for a disabled IGPU ?

0 Likes

Because that is how your are supposed to install the driver when you have an APU according to AMD. The GPU driver does not contain the APU driver. The APU driver does contain the GPU driver. Installing the GPU driver on a system with an APU will cause issues according to AMD. 

Feel free to do whatever you like, it's your computer. 

0 Likes