cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TurkoyzLuu
Adept I

Very low FPS in game Dayz Standalone on graphic card rx 6800

Dear developers, I write to you with a huge request to help you understand the problem with the performance of the game Dayz Standalone if you use amd radeon rx 6800/rx6800xt cards. The fact is that in cities, at best, the FPS is kept around 45, when the gtx 1070 card gives 90 FPS on the same graphics settings (checked personally and several times with reinstalling drivers on different versions of Windows). the processor I use is an AMD ryzen 5600x with 32 GB of RAM. (radeon rx 6000 series cards for some reason reset their power and very unstable graphics processing) Please help - this game is a second life for me, I love it very much and AMD too. I want to spend a lot of money I got pleasure and not disappointment.

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We addressed the performance issue in DayZ in 21.11.3, thanks for your patience.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-11-3

View solution in original post

69 Replies

Guys, what are your experiences in DayZ with the new 22.1.1 drivers?

I upgraded from RX 5700 XT with the 21.1.3 driver to RX 6800 XT with 22.1.1 and performance is worse. My RX 6800 XT won't even heat up, it stays at 45 degrees.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, Radeon RX 6800XT liquid cooled, Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4-4000, Force MP600 Pro XT 2TB, Force MP600 2TB, UltraGear 38GN950-B
0 Likes

Was the issue fix!?!?

0 Likes

It was fixed with the 21.1.3 driver. I upgraded from RX 5700 XT to RX 6800 XT and with the latest driver 22.1.1I have low FPS in towns, where the graphic card has low utilization, but it should be opposite.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, Radeon RX 6800XT liquid cooled, Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, Dominator Platinum 64GB DDR4-4000, Force MP600 Pro XT 2TB, Force MP600 2TB, UltraGear 38GN950-B
0 Likes

@vidko wrote:

It was fixed with the 21.1.3 driver. I upgraded from RX 5700 XT to RX 6800 XT and with the latest driver 22.1.1I have low FPS in towns, where the graphic card has low utilization, but it should be opposite.

my rx 5700 xt sapphire used to work on high anti-aliasing, but now it doesn’t pull high anti-aliasing with the new driver, and lags, and it infuriates me, and

+ the graphics are terrible pixel --- > https://community.amd.com/t5/graphics/bad-graphics-on-amd-in-dayz/m-p/500550#M81484

0 Likes

Maybe you did but you also have reintroduced this bug..

0 Likes

Maybe it's time to fix the new drivers under dayz?

0 Likes
bl4d3runn3r
Adept I

I have the 6900XT and a 3080... Started playing DayZ yesterday again on the 3080 and it runs really good.

So since I have a second PC with a 6900XT in there, I played DayZ on it today and the FPS are pretty low. I tested the same location with the 3080 and got everything maxed out in 1440p 120-140FPS, with the 6900XT i get between 40 and 75 FPS, but also very inconsistent. Also the GPU wasn't running at full clock speeds, it runs between 1300 and 1500MHz, had to create a profile to force the GPU to run at 2250MHz, but that didn't really do the trick, FPS still very low.

I guess those are the driver issues everyone was talking about.

How does it run on a 5700XT?

Vimes
Adept II

Not the same game, but similar problems with my newly bought 6800 XT Red Devil....

(posted some of it in another reply, perhaps more fitting here)

The only observation that I have made where it isn't as good is in one game which bucks the trend. It is in an Indie game that I'm playing. "Workers and Resources Soviet Republic". 

Having all the stats on the screen, from Afterburner, RTSS and HW Info I can see how it performs with the CPU and the GPU, in terms of load, clocks, fans etc and then GPS. 

That game uses my 9900k @5ghz reasonably well. But hardly makes use of the GPU. However it does perform better in terms of the FPS on the 1080Ti than it does on the 6800xt. That is consistent.

That is a bit disappointing at they moment as it is my "go to" game. 

Nvidia Gigabyte Aorus Extreme1080Ti....

https://postimg.cc/Tyf7N15g

AMD 6800XT Red Devil LE.....

https://postimg.cc/rz0JJxZ7

Neither overclocked. GPU usage is low, as expected. But the 1080Ti does seem a much better performer in that title. The Red Devil can drop to a low of 20+FPS, the 1080Ti is around double that.

Drivers and optimisation for certain types of engines used by games perhaps..? Can't imagine that they'll focus on the game I mentioned, being an Indie type title, but hopefully it will get some help as newer drivers are released.

Others games in limited testing perform as expected. 

Couldn't seem to place an image within the forum, but a link to it.

I guess those are the drivers...

Nvidia seems to be much better when it comes to that. Kind of a disappointment, even though the 6000 series performs well in most AAA titles. I guess non AAA titles don't sell GPUs and they don't focus at all on those!

I agree with that. I remember my last ATI card, going back to 2008. It was an ATI 4870 and that had performance issues, with both a Civ game and also a Total War one. Those would have been AAA titles at the time tho.

However putting my 1080Ti back and that game noted has returned to its previous performance levels, as well as one or two other Indie games that were also somewhat compromised. It is not just about a FPS number it is those averages hi / lo's that show erratic running that can be an issue.

0 Likes
dysaster4521
Adept I

so its not just me who's having fps drops i love dayz but i cant enjoy my favourite game on 20 fps i used to get a stable 60 on my other driver update but there was graphical issues I've already put in a bug report for it but no other game does this its clear amd didn't optimise dayz

my gpu is an rx5700 for anyone wondering

0 Likes

Asus rog z390f, i9900k, Asus TUF rx6900xt, samsung 16gb 2666ghz. The same problem with FPS in games.
Apex legends, Warzone, these games have fps below 150. Power consumption does not exceed 100 watts. I thought that my video card was defective, but it turns out that many have such a problem.

0 Likes
xlox
Forerunner

mmh , i just RMA my 6800xt and bought a 6900xt  lol ... I was playing PREY yesterday having big FPS drops , didn't have that with my 6800xt and even neither with my second hand rx 570 that i got meanwhile ... seems that raising "min frequency" to something near "max frequency" in manual wattman setting solve the issue ...

0 Likes

nothing has changed, even the new drivers have not fixed anything, it seems that developers do not care about their consumers.

0 Likes

Due to returning my 6800XT due to low performance in certain titles, lower than my 1080Ti, I have now bought an 3070 GPU.

It is fine for my needs and, more importantly for me, is so much improved over that of the 68000XT in the titles that I play.

Couldn't see a point in continuing with a 6800XT if performed the way that it did.

Good luck to all, signed out now from AMD forum threads.

i was having the same problem low fps but i updated my bios and disabled the amd smart access, problem solved 

tidaleus
Adept I

Hello,

I had the same problems in DayZ.

x570
Ryzen 5800x
32GB 3200
970 evo SSD
6900XT

I made a new and clean win10 version 1909 (build 18363) installation, fresh driver installation (chipset drivers Chipset(v2.11.26.106), GPU driver (21.4.1; standard settings), paused win updates.

For now I have a more stable FPS behaviour. Better than before, but still not sufficient for this beast of GPU... Within cities still some framedrops to 50-60, but less often.

Previous FPS lags and stuttering seems to be due to the newer versions of Windows (20h2,2004, ...) ?!

0 Likes

Try to turn off HPET in device manager, it helped me. 

0 Likes
archeria
Adept I

Still not fixed. Max 40Fps in Cities with 6800xt.

@archeria wrote:

2 years it on rx 5700 xt, still not fixed =(

0 Likes

@archeria wrote:

21.7.2 new driver - 30-40 fps...

I send REPORT AMD about low fps

0 Likes
vidko
Adept II

The issue is back with 22.11.1 and 22.11.2 drivers.

0 Likes

@vidko wrote:

The issue is back with 22.11.1 and 22.11.2 drivers.

for me this is no longer relevant, I bought a rtx 3080
but still sad

0 Likes
mobbie
Adept I

Yep issue is still a thing max fps 144  feels like its 40 fps going to any big town drops to a real 40 fps.. Low gpu usege low power and low clocks kinda getting sick of issues like this with DX11_1 games it needs more work 

0 Likes
StrontDog
Journeyman III

Yep same issue here running a 6700xt. The latest driver destroys the performance in dayz, low 40 fps in big towns and really bad frame pacing or something it just feels horrible. Reverting back to the 22.5.1 driver has fixed the issue but I'd like to be able to install new drivers without breaking Dayz.

0 Likes

@StrontDog wrote:

Yep same issue here running a 6700xt. The latest driver destroys the performance in dayz, low 40 fps in big towns and really bad frame pacing or something it just feels horrible. Reverting back to the 22.5.1 driver has fixed the issue but I'd like to be able to install new drivers without breaking Dayz.

my advice: sell your amd - buy rtx - and you will forget what lags are!

I completely replaced my ryzen 5 3600 + px5700xt with 13700kf + 3080 and forgot what lags and bad pixel graphics are, it became very comfortable to play, although when I sat on AMD I constantly climbed into the game settings to somehow make the gameplay convenient and nothing helped . the problem was solved once and for all only after a complete replacement of the PC, and I am very glad that I no longer suffer from low performance and **bleep**ty graphics, AMD BYE!!!!

0 Likes
MaxiSNK
Journeyman III

Is there still any work around? I’m running a 6950xt, and a lot of the time it struggles which is crazy. No matter what graphic settings.

and also have to eye zoom in to actually be able to see a bit better as it’s very dark unless you zoom in.

0 Likes

Hey. After some research I ended up installing this driver https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-11-3 and it works great, unbelievable results. Why it works idk and I'm not sure AMD can tell you either. It should be noted that I installed the driver only and skipped out of anything else.

0 Likes

Fine that, but then after a day or two when the dictate launches it tells you the amd is out of date error or something snd have to update. I need the software as I used the record and stream

0 Likes

Yeah idk what to tell you other than AMD and DayZ do not get along. Idk who is at fault here but each driver update makes DayZ play even worse.

0 Likes