Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Jimilins
Journeyman III

Re: Very low FPS in game Dayz Standalone on graphic card rx 6800

Jump to solution

Same here

Ryzen 3700x and 6800. My fps is like 30-40 in city and when running middle in forest around 100fps.

Got much better fps on my old gtx 960...

I really wanna play this game maxed settings on :(

bl4d3runn3r
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have the 6900XT and a 3080... Started playing DayZ yesterday again on the 3080 and it runs really good.

So since I have a second PC with a 6900XT in there, I played DayZ on it today and the FPS are pretty low. I tested the same location with the 3080 and got everything maxed out in 1440p 120-140FPS, with the 6900XT i get between 40 and 75 FPS, but also very inconsistent. Also the GPU wasn't running at full clock speeds, it runs between 1300 and 1500MHz, had to create a profile to force the GPU to run at 2250MHz, but that didn't really do the trick, FPS still very low.

I guess those are the driver issues everyone was talking about.

How does it run on a 5700XT?

Vimes
Adept II

Jump to solution

Not the same game, but similar problems with my newly bought 6800 XT Red Devil....

(posted some of it in another reply, perhaps more fitting here)

The only observation that I have made where it isn't as good is in one game which bucks the trend. It is in an Indie game that I'm playing. "Workers and Resources Soviet Republic". 

Having all the stats on the screen, from Afterburner, RTSS and HW Info I can see how it performs with the CPU and the GPU, in terms of load, clocks, fans etc and then GPS. 

That game uses my 9900k @5ghz reasonably well. But hardly makes use of the GPU. However it does perform better in terms of the FPS on the 1080Ti than it does on the 6800xt. That is consistent.

That is a bit disappointing at they moment as it is my "go to" game. 

Nvidia Gigabyte Aorus Extreme1080Ti....

https://postimg.cc/Tyf7N15g

AMD 6800XT Red Devil LE.....

https://postimg.cc/rz0JJxZ7

Neither overclocked. GPU usage is low, as expected. But the 1080Ti does seem a much better performer in that title. The Red Devil can drop to a low of 20+FPS, the 1080Ti is around double that.

Drivers and optimisation for certain types of engines used by games perhaps..? Can't imagine that they'll focus on the game I mentioned, being an Indie type title, but hopefully it will get some help as newer drivers are released.

Others games in limited testing perform as expected. 

Couldn't seem to place an image within the forum, but a link to it.

bl4d3runn3r
Adept I

Jump to solution

I guess those are the drivers...

Nvidia seems to be much better when it comes to that. Kind of a disappointment, even though the 6000 series performs well in most AAA titles. I guess non AAA titles don't sell GPUs and they don't focus at all on those!

Vimes
Adept II

Jump to solution

I agree with that. I remember my last ATI card, going back to 2008. It was an ATI 4870 and that had performance issues, with both a Civ game and also a Total War one. Those would have been AAA titles at the time tho.

However putting my 1080Ti back and that game noted has returned to its previous performance levels, as well as one or two other Indie games that were also somewhat compromised. It is not just about a FPS number it is those averages hi / lo's that show erratic running that can be an issue.

0 Likes
Inepsa
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same issues. I have been trying everything. I just limited my clock speeds to under 2000 mhz and it seems to help out  some. Also forcing your minimum clock above 2000 seems to do the same. Still...

It seems like when you are looking a certain direction in game, your gpu utilization drops a ton. I think its related to the direction you are pointed in the game

0 Likes
Inepsa
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Not a single setting helps improve the issue. AAA titles run perfectly fine. DayZ runs terrible and didn't before my card change. GPU usage sitting at 30% at times. Terrible up and down fps. Older cards run this game twice as good as the 6800, might have to return the card to be honest.

Population: ONE, a VR title has a terrible flickering tree issue, similar to what DayZ used to do on the 6800.

0 Likes
TurkoyzLuu
Adept I

Jump to solution

version=1;
blood=1;
singleVoice=0;
gamma=1;
shadowQuality=3;
maxSamplesPlayed=96;
TexQuality=3;
tripleHead=0;
battleyeLicense=1;
lastMPServer="85.113.45.81:158334976";
lastMPServerName="CRAZY RUSSIA |vk.com/dayzcrazyrussia| DEATHMATCH";
lastMPMission="chernarusplus";
inputVersion=1;
perspective=1;
trackIR=1;
freeTrack=1;
mouseSmoothing=30;
showTitles=1;
vehicleFreelook=0;
mouseSensitivityX=0.38;
mouseSensitivityY=0.38;
controllerSensitivityX=1;
controllerSensitivityY=1;
headBob=1;
fov=0.8072145;
sceneComplexity=200000;
shadowZDistance=175;
viewDistance=1000;
preferredObjectViewDistance=800;
terrainGrid=6.25;
volumeMaster=0.5;
volumeCD=10;
volumeFX=10;
volumeSpeech=5;
volumeVoN=10;
vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;
brightness=1;
uiTopLeftX=0.12500001;
uiTopLeftY=0;
uiBottomRightX=0.875;
uiBottomRightY=1;
IGUIScale=0.55000001;

This is my config, which gives me more or less sane fps, but it is categorically far from what I expected from a $ 1000 card in combination with an r5 5600x/// AMD processor - you have very poor optimization-WAKE UP!!!! give normal performance in DAYZ!!!

mobbie
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Also getting the same with rx 6800xt master went from locked 144 at 1440p on my main modded server i play with a 2080ti  beforehand to a  barely 40 fps in a medium size base (server wiped so we don't have that much loot to start hurting fps lmao) This needs be fixed asap  

old pc was also running 3700x with a 2080ti now a 5600x with 6800xt

0 Likes
Vimes
Adept II

Jump to solution

Good luck with a fix.

for me I returned the 6800XT and got a refund. An excellent card in many ways, love the drivers as well. 

But in certain games, perhaps many being Indie and not AAA type, the performance was worse or very little better than the 1080Ti.

0 Likes