Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tidaleus
Adept I

Very low FPS in game Dayz Standalone on graphic card 6900xt

Hello,

I am suffering from very bad performance in the game DayZ SA with my new card 6900xt.

System is:

Asrock x570 board
CPU 5700x AMD
32 GB 3200 Ram
MSI Radeon 6900xt
Win 10 20h2
Driver 21.2.1 latest AMD Driver

My 5700xt before had a better performance in this Game...

Pls fix/improve driver!

Regards

9 Replies
dysaster4521
Adept I

if this makes you feel better its not just you ita also me too whos having problems

0 Likes

Please inform them via radeon bug reporting tool

0 Likes

HUGE UPDATE: Even with 20.4.2 drivers i had weird stuttering. But thanks to 20.4.2 at least a have good FPS. I fixed stuttering like this: 1) Set your DayZ launch option in steam: "-malloc=system" without "" Now. Finally. I have tonn of FPS and 0 stuttering and freezes.

0 Likes

Thanks, but for me the launch option "-malloc=system" makes no big difference. In the cities I still have slight stuttering and low fps, no matter which settings I choose ingame. Low settings or high settings, no big difference. Still 40-60 fps in cities.

I daily report using the radoen bug tool.

I tried different driver versions, but no change. Right now I use 21.2.3.

I hope there will be a better performance with the next driver versions.

Maybe I install my old 5700xt for a while, till the driver will be improved.

This is an example for low fps in DayZ with my current setup

https://youtu.be/jEH7-9x4CRc

tidaleus
Adept I

Hello,

I made a new and clean win10 version 1909 (build 18363) installation, fresh driver installation (chipset drivers Chipset(v2.11.26.106), GPU driver (21.4.1; standard settings), paused win updates.

For now I have a more stable FPS behaviour. Better than before, but still not sufficient for this beast of GPU... Within cities still some framedrops to 50-60, but less often.

Previous FPS lags and stuttering seems to be due to the newer versions of Windows (20h2,2004, ...) ?!

0 Likes

Please!!! Anyone who observes lags or bad graphics in dayz on AMD graphics cards write a review about it here

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160463

dayz developers will pay attention to this and finally fix the game for AMD users - this is the official bug report of the dayz website

P.S. I wrote about this problem in AMD and they answered me
that there are no problems with the drivers - it means that the problem is in the game and all questions are to the dayz developers

0 Likes
tidaleus
Adept I

Solved, since driver ver. 21.11.3! Many thanks to Devs and AMD

0 Likes