So, i have this problem for around 2 weeks.
It happend when i was normally playing City: Skylines,
I tried deleting my videocard drivers and reinstalling them, but when downloading the drivers it gives my pc an blackscreen.
Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with RADEON(tm)
System: 64-bits operating system, 64x-processor
Videocard: AMD Radeon HD series 7800
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-A55-DS3P (Socket M2)
See if there are any new Patches for City: Skylines if that is the only game having problems.
Please post any Error messages your are getting when the PC crashes.
This is the latest AMD Driver for your DESKTOP Windows 10 x64 HD 7800 GPU Card : Desktop .
Your AMD APU is LEGACY and not Supported by AMD Support anymore. For your AMD APU Drivers you need to allow Microsoft to install the APU driver via Windows Update. Here is the page for your AMD APU : Windows® 10 Driver for APUs Supporting up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11
Use this basic method of installing AMD drivers on your desktop:
install AMD driver :
1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update.
2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to eliminate all traces of the current AMD driver and software from your computer. Delete C:\AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot.
3) Go to Device Manager and click on "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.
4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you manually downloaded. Make sure to disable the Internet to prevent Windows Update from installing a newer version. Also configure Windows to prevent it from updating Drivers via Windows Update. Also it has been mentioned to disable any Anti-virus programs before installation of AMD Drivers.
5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C:\AMD folder from the Root directory.
6)Enable both the internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).
7) Go back to Device Manager and check to be sure your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.
do you have your monitor connected to the motherboard (integrated graphics) or to the GPU card (discrete Graphics)?
How is your monitor connected via HDMI or DVI or DP or D-Sub?
What is the exact Make & Model of your HD 7800 series GPU card?
Does it have a D-Sub (VGA) port on the card itself or are you using a Adapter? (HDMI-D-Sub or DP-D-Sub or DVI-D - D-Sub)?
What AMD Driver version worked on your computer with the HD 7800 series card?
Back to the original question, the horizontal black lines, are there several from the top to the bottom or just black horizontal lines at the top and at the bottom of the screen?