Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Matt_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: VEGA 64 + XG 2730 + Freesync = Random Black Screens

Build 1803 is the older version. Please run Windows update.

0 Likes
punkmunster
Adept I

Have you tryed '4:4:4 RGB PC Standard' in Radeon Settings.

0 Likes
zboard
Adept I

Its what i always had, so is not that :/

0 Likes
zboard
Adept I

I updated Windows and Radeon to latest build/drivers avaliable (1809 and 18.9.3). Im going to test it but i dont have high hopes on this since i already had windows almost up to date and same for drivers :/

0 Likes
zboard
Adept I

Update: Issue is still here.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

About the only thing left to do is check if monitor or gpu is bad by trying the monitor on a different PC that could utilize freesync or trying another freesync monitor with your pc. If you have an older freesync compatible GPU, you could try that in the PC too.

0 Likes
zboard
Adept I

I was using a 12 years old pc until few months ago so thats no possible and my friends use Nvidia cards so cant try there. Its really frustrating saving a huge amount of money to properly play with my friends and not being able to use at full potential . In case freesync module/chip/whatever is doing the process is failing i guess i can aim first to RMA GPU right? Because the bracket's rubber(the gpu its intact) fell on the second day of use (cough sapphire uses bad glue cough) so i had tu use silicone to attach it again and i doubt that voids the warranty but who knows...

So at this point should i wait for miracle GPU BIOS/Driver fix/Monitor firmware or just start the RMA process?

0 Likes
zboard
Adept I

Just to do a bump and also add that my gpu has a bit of coil whine, fps dependant( the more fps/gpu load, the more noise, at max load its noticeable but almost at same dB level as the gpu fans, so basically nothing to worry about for me), in case it matters.

Oh, forgot to mention that Monitor drivers have 3 versions, one for DP, one for HDMI 1.4 and one for HDMI 2.0. Regardless of which one i pick when updating it( will install the one you select, in the properties>driver>update driver utility from windows itself) the monitor will always show up as Viewsonic XG2730HDMI 2_2.0 or something like that( once i reach home i will edit this if its different) so was wondering if had something to do with it. I repeat that you can install the DP driver/controller or the HDMI 1.4 driver/controller but monitor name its always like above mentioned. In radeon settings only appears as Viewsonic XG2730 DP.

*Quick update after trying a 2.0 HDMI*: Black Screens are a bit longer (5 seconds) and happen more easily, apparently. Prior to the VEGA 64 i had a 1050ti but not only used DDU several times, reinstalled Windows 10, but didnt entirely wipe the SSD. Maybe is there still a conflict there?

*Another update*: Just got a black screen while using HDMI 2.0 with Freesync off. After a restart now black screens are constant every few mins or seconds with or without Freesync. All this with the new HDMI 2.0

0 Likes
zboard
Adept I

One little thing: when i have the monitor connected through HDMI i cant change the frecuency on it (stays at native 144) but i can change it on Windows; and in Radeon settings>Display>Specs i cant see the link info, unlike with DP which was showing 5.4Gbp x 4. Is that normal with HDMI?

Today i contacted Viewsonic to RMA because prior to this monitor i had VEGA 64 with a 75 hz old monitor (connected via VGA to DP adapter) without a single issue. Im going to try the monitor on another pc that has Nvidia only with the HDMI to see if black screens are still there. In case black screens doesnt happen in the Nvidia pc, should i asume my GPU is faulty?

0 Likes
hellthrasher
Journeyman III

Hello, I have the exact same monitor-GPU combo with the same still unresolved issue. At least for the black screens over DP I can tell that there is no issue with our GPU, since I´ve tested it with a different (but similiar in specs) monitor (AOC AG322CQX). I´m already in touch with the Viewsonic support and got to test another specimen of the XG2730 with the same issue.

About your issue with HDMI: Are you using an HDMI cable which has the necessary bandwidth for WQHD@144Hz? I tried using an HDMI cable specified for UHD@60Hz and I get the very same black screens but more rare.

0 Likes