cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

maggie-
Journeyman III

Vega 64|Various Crashes in 3d Games

Hello, I recently purchased a Vega 64 to replace my Vega 56, and I haven't been able to get the Vega 64 to run any 3d games successfully. I've tried everything I can to get it working, but I'm lost on what I should try next.

My current build:
GPU- Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64
CPU- Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Storage- Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB
PSU- Corsair RM850x
Motherboard- Gigabyte B360N
Monitor- Acer SB220Q (75hz, 1920x1080 resolution, HDMI input)

The Issue:
I swapped out my Vega 56 for a new Vega 64. I am now experiencing various issues with running 3d games I had not encountered before the switch. For context, I tested the card by loading into the shooting range of Apex Legends and noting its performance. The three most common issues are:

1. While moving, the game stutters heavily, and after a few seconds the screen goes black while still providing a video signal. Any audio that was playing at the time of the crash freezes, and the computer does not respond to any input.
2. Immediately after loading into the shooting range, the screen briefly shows red, green, and blue fragments, then the entire screen goes light-gray, and the computer does not respond to any input.
3. The game runs perfectly fine for ~20-60 seconds. The video signal then completely cuts out for about a minute, then once the signal returns, the game is closed alongside a notification from the AMD driver saying that there was a driver timeout, and another error box that says "Engine Error//0x887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG" then a short description after that.

Attempted Troubleshooting Steps:
Listed below are the steps I have taken to attempt to get this to work in order of attempts.

1. Booted into safe mode, used the DDU tool to completely uninstall the previous drivers, then restarted the computer to get it out of safe mode. Went to the AMD website, and downloaded the latest version of the Adrenalin software from the Vega 64 page. Restarted the computer to complete the installation.
2. Shut down the computer, turned the power supply switch off, then unplugged the computer from the power cable. Removed the graphics card from the motherboard. Cleaned out the PCIe slot of any dust or debris and cleaned the contacts on the graphics card. Reseated the graphics card in the top PCIe slot, then put the computer back together and tested it.
3. Disabled Freesync within the Adrenalin software. 
4. Changed 'Scaling Mode' within the Adrenalin software from "Preserve Aspect Ratio" to "Full Panel."
5. Plugged the monitor power cable into a separate outlet from the computer power cable.
6. Turned down the VRAM usage in-game from 8gb to 6gb, and changed graphical settings from High to Medium settings.
7. Disabled Multi-Plane Overlay in the Windows Registry.
8. Swapped the DP to HDMI display cord for a standard HDMI cable.

I'm really struggling for solutions right now, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

0 Likes
0 Replies