cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

henrique_001
Adept I

Vega 64 translucent squares and driver problems after update to 19.12.2/3

Since upgrading to the new driver I am having problems with my games, starting with these transparent squares around weapons, image corruption, driver settings that sometimes don't apply, and restarting the game like "Radeon Chill" and "Radeon Image Sharpening".

I believe it is because of this that I am getting constant disconnects in Call of Duty, the game may be misinterpreting and knocking me over.

I believe it was a good job on the new driver, Wattman no longer locks the screen and restarts the card, simply by turning the machine back on the card back to factory defaults, avoiding unnecessary flickerings.

Radeon Vega 64 with 19.12.3 driver version.
Windows 10 with 1909 build version.

NAT Type: Open.
Game updated.

Solutions tryed: reinstalled software, formated operational system, reseted router, downgraded video driver.

Videocard always on 80% fan curve, with 4400rpm giving a 60~75Cº without sync (75hz).

16 Replies
drmsd
Journeyman III

Hello, I have Vega 56 and exactly the same problem, appeared after the last patch in call of duty. If you find a reason or solution, please write here, because I also tried all the options to fix it

0 Likes
alt50
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, and installed all the drivers from the date to the latest version 20.1.2 and the problem continues

0 Likes
rafa30
Adept I

Good morning.
Same problem vega 56.
tested with various drivers and same problem.
However with an r9 270 no problem cpn textures.
Is there a solution? 2020.01.06-14.42.png2020.01.06-14.43.png

0 Likes
rafa30
Adept I

Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.4 follows the problem. Call duty 

0 Likes

I formatted it and it didn't solve the problem, but the freezes from when the textures were at the top stopped and I hope the disconnect problems too.

0 Likes

Guys, get DDU and clean up the old drivers and try 20.1.4 which just was released

0 Likes

I try all possible methods, the same problem with last six drivers.

RX Vega are abandoned.

0 Likes

henrique_001 wrote:

I try all possible methods, the same problem with last six drivers.

RX Vega are abandoned.

have you tried a clean install of windows?

0 Likes

Yes bro.

I have original Windows with latest updates, now i'm running on 1909 build.

if is to make a sacrifice, i try to format all my hard disc and reinstall all things i have.

When ready, i post the results.

0 Likes

henrique_001 wrote:

Yes bro.

I have original Windows with latest updates, now i'm running on 1909 build.

if is to make a sacrifice, i try to format all my hard disc and reinstall all things i have.

When ready, i post the results.

I have a few other disks on my machine so I can backup as needed. I also can use a secondary machine on the LAN.

I recommend multiple backups in case the unthinkable happens

I have a USB stick with Windows 10 on it and every new version I update it with the media creation tool

0 Likes

Me too.

All my files are sincronized with Microsoft Onedrive,it's easy to make the clean.

Now is 13:00 PM on my coutry, when 20:00PM i come with results of Windows default drivers and new Radeon drivers.

With 20.1.4 CODMW worked with 120 average fps and translucent squares around the weapons and a lot Wattman and Enhanced sync crashes / not working.

0 Likes

There are lots of nickel and dime problems with AMD drivers

0 Likes

The results after cleaning computer with default Microsoft Radeon Drivers.

Same problem (this is a problem of game with some cards, no worry for AMD)

0 Likes

if Radeon drivers get too annoying I have an EVGA GTX 1060 to use to see how flakey their drivers are.

0 Likes
mtolgae
Adept I

I'm done with AMD. It's been months this problem was reported, however no solution came out yet. AMD is busy with creating useless fancy driver software. It makes the game unplayable. I don't think it is a game issue because only affected ones are owners of Vega cards. 

Ordered an RTX 2060. Never touching AMD again.

0 Likes

mtolgae wrote:

I'm done with AMD. It's been months this problem was reported, however no solution came out yet. AMD is busy with creating useless fancy driver software. It makes the game unplayable. I don't think it is a game issue because only affected ones are owners of Vega cards. 

Ordered an RTX 2060. Never touching AMD again.

I will open the bidding at 99 cents

0 Likes