cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

haldi
Adept I

Vega 64 Liquid Bios 19.2 Drivers cause extreme Throttling/ Core clock reduction.

Hello,

I've got a Vega64 few weeks back and put it under water with a Aquacomputer block.

Using the Liquid Bios because i wanted to try 1.25V but daily usage is 1702Mhz at 1100mV for P7 1100Mhz HBM with 950mV uncore.

The thing is that with Drivers up to 19.1.2 Everything wors fine. Games or even Furmark Heat testing.

pastedImage_1.png

No issues right?

Now with 19.2.1 or 19.2.2 i get HUGE drops in Core clock which results in HUGE FPS drops. No Matter what game.

Here i tried to Play Metro Exodus...

pastedImage_2.png

Here we go with a short Furmark trial...

pastedImage_3.png

It looks like some thermal throttling due to something...

But as it seems i'm the only one around with this issue (any other Liquid Bios users here?)

I can't quite figure out where it comes from, as 19.1.2 work absolutly flawless. only since 19.2.1 and even with 19.2.2 this happens, even without ANY overclocking, or even if you powertarget -20% it's still happening.

Anyone has any clues?

0 Likes
3 Replies
volans_tw
Journeyman III

Same issue here and I doubt it's related the fan connector unplugged or custom fans connect cause using custom water block have to leave it like these.

0 Likes
haldi
Adept I

This is directly related to the Liquid Bios....

Check this out:

19.3.1 With Liquid Bios:

pastedImage_1.png

Switched Bios to 200W stock, all works fine....

pastedImage_2.png

Edit:

Same Topic:

https://community.amd.com/thread/237233 

0 Likes

check you hotspot temps my vega 56 on older drivers was doing fine last ones my hotspot temp jumped to 105 and thermal throtled

0 Likes