cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

carparkcharlie
Journeyman III

Vega 64 causing hard locks during boot on x16 slot

So I bought this card second hand and it has been working flawlessly for quite some time now with the only problem being that it only wants to run from the secondary pcie slot (would love to throw morpheus II on this thing). I first had it on my x370 prime pro and i thought i just had a faulty mb but it does the exact same thing on b450 carbon ac. System locks happen at the same time on both motherboards during boot sequence (just before booting to windows when manufacturer's logo is still showing up). I've been trying to find a fix for quite some time now, thought maybe some of you might know what's up..

Cheers!

0 Likes
3 Replies
carparkcharlie
Journeyman III

Ok looks like a pair of pcie decoupling capacitors are missing from the card. Here's a picture of the situation:  20200105 225333 — Postimage.org 

I should technically be able to solder those in with a microtip but i've no idea what kind of caps i should be looking for.  Do places like digikey etc. even sell these types of component or could i rip these from an old gpu? 

0 Likes

carparkcharlie wrote:

Ok looks like a pair of pcie decoupling capacitors are missing from the card. Here's a picture of the situation:  20200105 225333 — Postimage.org 

I should technically be able to solder those in with a microtip but i've no idea what kind of caps i should be looking for.  Do places like digikey etc. even sell these types of component or could i rip these from an old gpu? 

I wonder how those got removed, usually they are soldered on securely.

0 Likes

what cpu are you using

check to see if the BIOS on the motherboard is updated

0 Likes