cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jarram
Journeyman III

vega 64 BF5 problems

Hey guys recently bought a sapphire vega 64 having problems with BF5 getting 1000-800 on core clocks 800 memory clocks in game not been a problem in any other games so really lost as to why it might be? not seen anyone having similar problems maybe a setting but i'm using min latency settings at 1440p and getting 60-90 fps :S any help would be amazing if you need anymore details let me know! Peace x

Edit: CPU is a 2600

0 Likes
11 Replies
jay1131
Adept III

It could be a few different things. Whats your full pc specs, like power supply and stuff? So in my opinion i would check power, make sure you ran seperate power cables to the gpu and if you got msi afterburner uninstall that crap. From there just check to make sure you downloaded the right drivers or just do a clean install to be sure. You could have gotten a accidental setting like undervolt way to low or stuck on power saving or something. Try other games with the overlay(alt+r) or a vulkan game to help diagnose also.

0 Likes

Done a clean install multiple times like i say works fine in every other game except BF5

My specs:

PSU: 750 G2 supernova

Mobo:MSI 450 gaming carbon pro ac

CPU:Ryzen 2600

Ram: 16 GIg Tridzent Z 3200 mhz

GPU:Vega 64 Sapphire nitro+

It's strange cos it hits max clocks in the menu screens drops as soon as you try to join a game it never recovers barely getting 60FPS at ultra on 1440p and 60-90 FPS on min latency settings

Also i do have a 2 seperate PCIE 8 pins going from the PSU to the mobo

0 Likes
spaz187
Adept I

I have same problem.. I changed the resolution scale to 125% and it was using 1500+ and was looking/feeling great but now the game will just exit and quit out of the blue sometimes.. probably related to that.. seems to be an issue though with the vega and BF5 only. I am still trying to tweak things to see.

0 Likes
jarram
Journeyman III

Couple pics showing my clocks might give you guys a better clue as to whats going on. First one is menu screen with graphics on not the server browser second is in-game on bf and the last one is Elysium in game

bf5clocks.jpgbf5slow.jpgelys clocks.jpg

0 Likes

i didnt think about the game just being garbage. i didnt buy it but i been following most the complaints about it. Doesnt look like your card is messed up imo. try uninstalling the game then reinstall and when you open it up try to kill any settings you think could be hindering it before it closes. i had a couple games do that before and usually it was something they updated about the game. sometimes it works when i come back to it and sometimes not. could always try for your money back.

0 Likes

Seen this just now. check out the second fixed issue point. not sure why its only bf5 though or if this is even related. just hopefully it will help

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.3 Highlights

Fixed Issues

• Fan speed gauge in Radeon WattMan may sometimes overfill.
  • Memory clocks on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may become locked at 800Mhz.
  • Game profiles with custom fan settings may sometimes remain even after closing a game.
  • The game streaming tab may be missing in Radeon Settings when Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition is installed twice on a system.
  • Radeon ReLive for VR may experience minor corruption for a few seconds immediately after connecting a headset.
  • Auto tuning controls are not displaying their warning message in Radeon Overlay.
  • Custom values for the sampling interval slider in the performance metrics feature may fail to enable.
  • Radeon Settings may sometimes list a previously installed driver version even after driver successfully upgrading.

Apply and Done buttons may sometimes overlap in Radeon Settings or Radeon Overlay.

If that fixes it, mark your answer as correct. Glad they said this as I wondered. I know that game is running fantastic on my RX 580 @1440p. I am staying between 50 and 70 FPS most the time on ultra. 

0 Likes
jarram
Journeyman III

Tried that driver hasn't work well not fully seems to be stuck on 1000 mhz now still poor performance considering i'm on low latency settings

uploaded a quick vid to show you guys whats actually happening

BF gcard test - YouTube

0 Likes

ok this is what I had to do with my card.. I have same one..

I had to tweak the settings..

mine are similar to this :

P6 - 1552 - 1000mV

P7 - 1647 - 1100mV

HBM2 - 1000MHz - 1000mV

Power Limit - +50%

Fan limit - 3200 RPM

Temperature target - 75C

you can tweak this this to fit your PC and see which ones performance best. You can also save the profiles for when AMD resets it.

There is also a reddit page that has everyones tweaks that you can check out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6wzd7v/megathread_every_stable_underclockundervolt_of/

once I did that yesterday, BF5 was running great.. the maps that would drop around 70-80FPS - now stay steady at 130+

also I found out on EA's forum/troubleshooting page that a lot of people who had similar issues.. were on Windows 10, 1803 - and updating to 1809 greatly increased the performance of it. I can't remember what version I am on but I will try tonight and let you know if that makes it run like it should.

I have personally found 1809 to be better for gaming. I realize that can be very different for others.

0 Likes