Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mckillinit
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

vega 56 random crashes

Hello,
I have just recently purchased a sapphire vega 56 and pretty much ever since i got it i have been getting serious crashes on just about every game i play (mostly Destiny 2 and Rainbow Six Siege.) the games just lock up and then black screen and i'm booted to my desktop with no mouse functionality. if i'm lucky i can navigate to the task manager and kill the game with my keyboard but if not i have to reboot my whole system. I have searched high and low for a fix but nothing seems to be working . every driver revision does it and ive tried close to ten now. i really dont know what to do and i think i'm about to return my card.

edit: it should probably be noted that i had upgraded from an rx 480 and NEVER had an issue like this and I have tried the 17.11.3 hotfix and 17.11.4 revision and r6s crashed multiple times on both drivers.

my system:
windows 10 home 64 bit

intel core i5-7400

msi bazooka 250m mobo

EVGA 750B2
8gb ddr4@2400mhz
sapphire vega 56
nixeus vue24 @144hz w/freesync via displayport

any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mrcleanor
Adept II
Adept II

Re: vega 56 random crashes

Hello, i have a similar problem, also sapphire vega 56,

crashes when having overwatch (1080p) or other games in a window, and doing surfing or watching youtube on the other side of the screen (4k)

but when i play games in fullscreen @4k or just surf its fine.

very strange

0 Kudos
shahmaan
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: vega 56 random crashes

I have a similar problem too. I have a MSI Radeon Rx Vega 56.

It crashes in almost every game, lag or black screens. When the screen turns black, I can still hear the sound from the game normaly. All 8 dots on the graphic card is turned on and stays that way.

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Ram - Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 Black 2666MHz

Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3

Graphics - MSI Radeon RX Vega 56

0 Kudos