cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sazon74
Journeyman III

Vega 56 Quick Restart Stock settings

Hi I have the Msi Vega 56 Boost OC and on the stock setting running any benchmark (3dmark or Heaven) It would restart after a few once it ramps up. In wattman balance or turbo would do this only in saving mode would work. my psu is a corsair 850w which is more then enough. Any thought to what it wrong , is the gpu faulty?

0 Likes
5 Replies
theacclaimed
Miniboss

It's probably the power supply not coping well with the transient spikes from the Vega card. Does the computer shut off completely when you get the black screen requiring you to press the power button to turn the computer back on? Is it possible to test the GPU in a different PC or with a different power supply?

0 Likes

It reboots its self it doesnt just turn off. I tryed undervolting with wattman it crashes testing. But in a afterburner seems to work better,  power +50%  negative 130 mv . Clock 1590  and mem stock. (Testing clock stays about 1500 -1550 max . This seems like the only setting thats stable . No extra psu or different pc to test psu . Its a modular psu one 6pin not in use getting a 6pin to 8pin cable since the 8pin goes to dual 8pin off of one connection. Or is there a way of testing psu.

0 Likes

OCCT  (Home ) is the only free diagnostic software  that tests PSUs.

It puts the maximum stress on the PSU by running both the GPU and CPU test at the same time. 

0 Likes

Make sure both 8pin cables are separate from each other. Don't use a single 8pin with it's other 8pin connector. Use two separate 8pins that both connect to the module power supply.

0 Likes
sazon74
Journeyman III

I guess it is the psu i set the cpu to stock so it wont draw much power compared to the overclock i had on the cpu no crash what so ever on wattman getting goid results! Just strange to me 850w corsair is the issue, ordered a 6pin to 8pin cable to try it out to run two separate 8pin cables before i decide to get a better psu.

0 Likes