cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xenoblivion
Journeyman III

Vega 56 performs really bad in some games (for no reason)

Hey,

my new Vega 56 is causing some really weird problems and I hope that somebody can help me:

So in a couple of games like Overwatch and Star Wars Battlefront 2 for example, in benchmarks like Haeven as well, 

my GPU is around 99% usage, the core clock is around 1550-1600mhz and the temps get up to max. 75C, powerdraw is at around 250W and the games run just fine. 

My Ryzen 5 1600 is at around 50% usage and 50-60C

So far so good..... 

But in some other games like Risk of Rain 2 or Battlefield 1 for example the usage hovers around 40% and the core clock seems to be locked to max 1220mhz for no reason whatsoever, therefore my fps are just as bad as they used to be with my gtx 1050ti, the GPU temp stays at 50C. 

In Borderlands 2 this gets even worse the game stutters like crazy , the GPU usage is at 20% and the coreclock drops and rises from 400-1000mhz which causes my game to run abysmally bad (fps drop down to 15 )

What I have done / tried so far :

-Disabled windows fast start-up

-increased the power limit to 50%

-un-/reinstalled drivers (tried beta driver too)

-reinstalled the vega 56 itself

-over- /underclocking

-undervolting

Specs: Ryzen 5 1600

16GB Ram

Vega 56

600 Watt PSU

0 Likes
2 Replies
xenoblivion
Journeyman III

Also I realized that lowering the graphics doesn't help at all, it rather makes things even worse and I get less fps then before( tested in Overwatch) 

Which normally means that the cpu is causing a bottleneck, but how is a Ryzen 5 1600 bottlenecking a vega 56, especially in a game like Overwatch? Since the cpu doesn't even come close to 100%, all of the above makes EVEN LESS sense ???

0 Likes

I have BL2 and it seems to work on my box. R5 2400G with 24GB of RAM and a GTX 1060

you CPU is not likely to be a bottleneck for your graphics card provided you have at least 16GB of memory or more

lots of games will use more RAM these days if it is available

0 Likes