Graphics Cards

chicaoterror
Journeyman III

Vega 56 on Ghost Recon Wildlands - low fps

Hi there.

I have the following system:

16gb DDR4 RAM (Corsair 2x 8gb)

HD 1Tb 7200 (where the game is)
SSD Kingston 120Gb (where the Windows is)
Windows 10 x64 (updated)
Powercolor Devil Vega 56 8gb

AMD Ryzen 5 1400
MB A320MA-M.2

All stock, no OC.

And playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. The fact is, Eurogamer, in a recente article about the Vega 56 card, obtains 53.7 fps mean, 1% low 42.6 fps, using Ultra, TAA (or so they described). However, in my PC, I get 35-37 fps, with the GPU on 91% max (using the in game benchmark). CPU running at 63% max and low usage of RAM (less than 3Gb).

Any help will be much appreciated. And, I believe it's obvious, but english is not my mother language, but I can understand.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
rhino712
Adept I

I am having the exact same issue although I have a 1900x threadripper and an OC vega 56. Even with the faster processor and overclocked gpu I am getting the same numbers as you.

0 Likes
chicaoterror
Journeyman III

Hi.

What really bothers me the most is the fact that the GPU is not reaching its peak usage.

Even with or without overclock, I have never reach even 95% GPU usage.

0 Likes

It is as if the games are not properly utilizing the architecture and memory on the new amd cards.

0 Likes

yeah, same issue, but it also happens on separate games like sea of thieves Fortnite age of empires 3 etc... I have a Raedon RX 6600XT graphics card that should be able to run those games at 4k 60 but the usage doesn't pass 60 percent on those games i also have an i7-7700k I contacted support, but they didn't know either it runs fine on battlefront 2 warzone minecraft bedrock not java, and the forest.

0 Likes